Legal and External Affairs Administrator
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
We are the Official Tourism Association for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World. A not-for-profit trade association that brands, markets and sells the Orlando destination globally, we represent nearly 1,400 member companies comprising every segment of Central Florida’s tourism community.
The Legal and External Affairs Administrator at Visit Orlando is responsible for supporting and continuously improving the day-to-day operations of the Visit Orlando Legal and External Affairs teams. This position will provide general administrative support to the Senior Corporate Counsel and VP of External Affairs, Director of External Affairs, and Associate Corporate Counsel. Your work ensures that Legal and External Affairs operates efficiently and enables the attorneys and the Director of External Affairs to focus on providing best-in-class service to their clients.
- Develops new and improves existing operational processes supporting Legal and External Affairs work and effective technology implementation, such as workflow management, contract lifecycle management, and intellectual property docketing.
- Reviews self-service contracts, such as asset releases, location agreements, and appearance releases, for completion and conformance with legal department rules.
- Assists in the development of training and instructional webinars and documents that support the staff’s use and understanding of commercial contracts and educates them about the laws impacting Visit Orlando (e.g., how to use self-service contracts, developing contract playbooks, creating online trainings, etc.).
- In Visit Orlando’s contract management/e-signature tool, creates templates and processes requests for contract signatures.
- Assists in maintaining Board- and department-level governance processes and documents (e.g., board training, meeting prep, gathering proxy statements, preparing resolutions, developing meeting agendas, reviewing meeting minutes, maintaining governing documents, managing conflict of interest process, training staff liaison for committees, etc.
- Assists in monitoring key schedules, such as the organization’s compliance register, intellectual property registrations/deadlines, and annual reporting requirements.
- Monitors Visit Orlando’s community event email inbox and calendar.
- General administrative responsibilities, such as note taking for meetings, file organization, processing invoices, scheduling meetings, organizing and maintaining files in SharePoint, data entry, filling out expense reports, inventory tasks, assisting with RSVP lists, event registration tracking, etc.
- Special projects, as requested.
- Must reside in the Orlando area. Visit Orlando is now operating in a hybrid work environment. Employees are required to be in the office two days per week, including Wednesdays. This office attendance policy is subject to change.
- 5 or more years of experience supporting a corporate legal or external affairs function as an administrator, in a legal operations role OR in a different role with transferable experience.
- Willingness and desire to learn new knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of legal matters for a non-profit corporate entity
- Knowledge of contract lifecycle management
- Knowledge of intellectual property docketing
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights clearance
- Knowledge of operational process refinement
- Knowledge of non-profit advocacy/community relations work
- Strong problem-solver, multi-tasker, and critical thinker
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and capable of working autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.