Intermediary Accounts Director
Manage and develop key intermediary accounts for conventions, trade shows and other meetings. Focus on increasing in-house leads for member hotels by promoting Orlando as the premier meeting and convention destination.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Solicits organizations through telephone calls, personal sales calls, correspondence and formal presentations to promote Orlando for their meeting needs. Conducts appropriate follow-up to obtain business.
- Negotiation and fulfillment of annual partnership agreements with strategic accounts. Ensure reporting is a part of the agreements in order to track volume increases or decreases YOY. Review strategic accounts to determine cost benefit analysis of partnership agreement and negotiate terms as necessary to build additional strategic account partnerships.
- Develop and manage partnerships with strategic accounts to increase lead volume to the destination and achieve disproportionate market share.
- Enhance Orlando’s visibility and viability to strategic accounts by attending and presenting at partner meetings, regional meetings, annual meetings and other miscellaneous related meetings, as appropriate for strategic accounts with a focus on ConferenceDirect, HelmsBriscoe, American Express and Maritz Meetings & Events.
- Analyze and increase marketing partnerships and develop messaging, as necessary, with key strategic accounts.
- Implement, manage and update site inspection incentive plans for strategic accounts thru input from hotel members and strategic accounts in order to help increase bookings to the destination.
- Presentations to members’ sales teams to ensure they understand our role and processes for generating new leads and to learn what is new on their property in order to communicate accurately to strategic accounts and their clients.
- Consistently utilizes the concepts and skills of The Counselor Approach in daily interactions with clients, members, partners, etc.… resulting in greater business success. Actively participate in all training by bringing examples for discussion and participate in role play exercises.
- Communicates with members and clients to understand and fulfill their needs to ensure new and repeat bookings are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Consistently and accurately utilize CRM and other technology tools to achieve, measure or help streamline processes to meet individual, team and organizational objectives. Adhere to departmental, organizational and system procedures, data integrity and database management standards. Actively use the provided systems and seek out ways to optimize value and efficiency.
- Build relationships with strategic account Regional Vice Presidents and Key Top Producers to solidify market share increases for Orlando from key accounts and to gain better access to their teams.
- Educate account meeting planners, associates and key contacts regarding Orlando’s attributes for all types and sizes of meetings through personal interaction, webinars, industry events and Destination Orientation trips.
- Represents and does Orlando presentations at industry, segment tradeshows and DMO functions and acts as point person for trade shows, as assigned, to help promote the Orlando area.
- Build invite list and participates in key 3rd Party Destination Orientations ( FAM ), client development and Visit Orlando hosted tradeshow events.
- Attend any site inspection that has an Intermediary attached to it based on size and importance in order to help close the business for Orlando.
- Assist in any site for any size group, regardless of intermediary involvement, when requested in order to help close on business.
- Attends internal/sales meetings and sales training on a regular basis.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus Ten or more years of experience with intermediary accounts or prior sales experience with 1st tier city CVB or national sales experience with nationally branded 1st tier hotel; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines and social media.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Extensive travel required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com