Graphic Designer / Presentation Specialist
Responsible for high-quality design, development and production of both digital and print projects with an emphasis on presentations. Projects include email marketing, digital banner production, printed and digital promotional collateral, advertisements, and high-level presentations for the organization. Must have a willingness to learn new technologies and creatively collaborate in an innovative team environment.
Design / Production
- Design and implement large presentations using assigned software (PowerPoint & Visme), to include embedded animations, audio and video.
- Design and produce a wide variety of digital and printed marketing and promotional collateral, advertising, and online books while ensuring quality of final product and alignment with specific brand standards.
- Review designs and text for potential corrections as projects progress.
- Proficiency in producing high-volume production work and press-quality PDFs.
- Color correct photos and artwork using appropriate software and check quality.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate photos to use in collateral pieces for optimal visual effectiveness based on departmental needs.
- Create or adapt existing maps and illustrations for projects using appropriate software.
- Coordinate and monitor projects with outside vendors and review press proofs as needed.
- Work with internal clients in creative meetings to develop design ideas and maintain positive internal client relationships.
Digital / Email
- Production back-up for email templates, newsletters, co-op ads, mailings, digital banners, and landing pages for B2B and B2C.
- Proof and test emails prior to deployment using Litmus.
- Requires proficiency in relevant web development tools including the ability to write and troubleshoot basic HTML / CSS code.
- Ability to design and layout high quality digital books and upload to web. Knowledge of DCatalog is a plus but not required.
- Color-correct photos using Adobe Photoshop.
- Troubleshoot client/ad agency files in preparation for accurate output.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of design, and technical trends, and current design software.
- Collaborate with team members, across all departments.
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador, ensuring the protection of the Visit Orlando brand.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Four-year college degree and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training in Graphic Design and Presentations or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient knowledge of design production, offset and digital printing, print specifications, page layout, typography and general creative standards are required.
Computer & Technical Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Visme, Jira, SharePoint, Litmus and online digital books is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in layout, typography and photo correction.
- Proficient in the design and production of a variety of print, digital and presentation-related projects.
- Experience working with a Digital Asset Management system. Widen preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Demonstrate strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to present information to top management, public groups or employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as lengths, fractions and percentages.
Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail. Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task and work well within a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment. Ability to work well independently or in a team.
Required to sit for long periods, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.