Executive Assistant to President & CEO
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external team members, partners, clients and community leaders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management team; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Works with Executive Administrative Assistant to prioritize their daily work and assign tasks as appropriate. Monitors progress on projects and assignments. Works in partnership with Executive Assistant to COO in ensuring executive area is adequately covered at all time.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Screens incoming calls to the President & CEO, determining nature of call and whether or not it requires the attention of the President & CEO, takes messages and maintains contact lists, and whenever possible responds to caller directly based on knowledge of President & CEO’s preferences, office functions, policy, priorities and availability or makes sure the caller receives appropriate transfer to another department.
- Manages President & CEO’s email inboxes; flagging for follow-up, forwarding and responding when appropriate. Directs mail to appropriate internal staff with instructions and/or suggestions for preparation of a reply.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President & CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Supports the President & CEO in their participation/membership in travel industry associations and other external boards by acting as primary contact and tracking President & CEO’s commitments to those organizations.
- Assists President & CEO in the development and management of organizational and operational projects as needed.
- Assists in the development and management of the Executive Departmental budget as well as maintains Executive Department files and records.
- Oversees finalization of Executive presentations and speaking engagements by participating in prep meetings to record notes and action items.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as the President & CEO’s administrative liaison to Visit Orlando's board of directors
- Worlds with the legal department to assist with the annual process of electing a new board of directors
- Schedules and coordinates all board of directors and executive management team meetings and retreats.
- Works with CEO and Legal to Develop meeting agendas and attends meetings.
- Records, transcribes and disseminates minutes and action items.
- Follows-up on any items or issues as needed
- Assists board members as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Works with President& CEO to develop, establish and implement broad organizational policies and procedures. Maintains master record of policies and ensures all are kept current.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO will have the following qualifications…
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education & Experience
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, plus a minimum of seven to ten years executive administrative support to senior-level executive position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keyboarding speed of 50 wpm minimum. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Intermediate level or higher skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database experience would be a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.