Director of International Marketing
This position will be the primary point of contact and oversee the integrated marketing efforts for all international markets including core markets such as United Kingdom, Brazil, and Mexico as well as ongoing new and emerging markets. Director will work in partnership with Vice President and CMO in setting the strategic direction, budgets, and determining creative needs, project timelines, deadlines, next steps, and results. The Director will provide strategic direction for the production of all advertising projects which will include interaction with internal departments such as Research, Communications, Digital Marketing, Social Media & Content, Creative Services, Travel Industry Sales and Legal.
This position will also take the lead on special programs as defined by the Vice President of Marketing to take the lead on relevant Visit Orlando’s marketing projects.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the development and execution of specified international markets annual marketing campaigns which includes working with research to gather and review pertinent information, managing those creative and media agencies involved. Acts as project manager for the campaigns ensuring all deadlines are met and review and analyze results and provides future recommendations during and after the campaigns.
- Performs other functions and projects as assigned.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando Brand. Serves as Brand ambassador.
- Lead and/or assist with production shoots as needed for content development, broadcast integrations, and virtual tours.
- Manage the timeliness of internal tracking reports, international markets proof of performance recaps and campaign VOLT submissions, cooperative reports, campaign tracking report, and consumer marketing status report with agency partners.
- Oversee paid social marketing posts and help implement campaigns with agency partners to traffic materials and maintain monthly tracking calendar and creative summary decks.
- Assists in the implementation of marketing programs by coordinating media, trafficking materials, and executing creative messaging as approved by the Marketing Leadership which includes processing job orders, communicating with agency partners, and coordinating approvals with Visit Orlando members.
- Manage agencies and ensure proper communication of all activities contracted for. Responsible for maintaining production procedures with agency and publications as well as internal clients.
- Work closely with campaign partners (including theme parks, other members, program partners) to ensure streamline communication and implantation of campaigns.
- Responsible for budget management and reporting and all campaign and country metrics.
- Work with the media agency on the negotiation, reviewing and implementation of relevant broadcast and promotional activities. Including finding extension opportunities and alignment with Communications and social media.
- Work with Brand USA and potentially other industry partnerships such as Visit Florida to assist in defining program collaboration, creation as well budgeting and reporting.
- Responsible for collaborating with Travel Industry Sales on all required as well in development marketing needs for the Orlando Travel Academy.
- Work with Travel Industry Sales on reviewing, elevating and implementing trade cooperative campaigns.
- Provide support of global marketing needs for the Travel Industry Sales department including development of sales tools and presentations, tradeshow event displays, trade website, e-news, updated and timely assets and content as well on-going marketing requests.
- Provide analytical and observational competitive updates and impact on marketing strategy, including creative and market programs. Work towards ensuring selected international marketing campaigns along with all complementing programs are properly delivered according to plan.
- Responsible for ensuring creative and messaging meets the market strategy based on insights, research results and company strategy. Work closely with creative agency, media agency and research to develop gaps in the creative/messaging executions. Ensure all content aligns with the transcreation process in a timely manner.
- Responsible for implementing international strategies and goals, facilitating team meetings, ensure alignment of messaging, proactively work to ensure digital properties up to date on relevant content, define extension opportunities and keeping the team (internal and external) on track for goals.
Supervision of others
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
B.A. / B.S. degree from four-year college or university. A minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (particularly advertising, brand / consumer marketing or agency experience). Proven experience in development of successful marketing campaigns, managing large advertising budget and complex timelines.
Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel are required. Some Access or other database experience is preferred. 50 cwpm in typing.
Must demonstrate strong verbal/written skills and the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual Preferred.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to think ahead and anticipate necessary components/actions to implement details of marketing programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT ORLANDO MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.