Destination Experience Coordinator
Provides administrative support for the Destination Experience team, coordinates and supports in the implementation of Destination Experience programs.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Collects all client request information and follows appropriate CRM procedures to ensure meeting planner requests are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Responds to all telephone calls and inquiry emails in a friendly and professional manner. Coordinates requests when Destination Experience managers are not available as well as transfers member/client calls to the appropriate Destination Experience manager in a timely manner.
- Monitors Meeting Services CRM queue and Destination Experience email inquiries, assigning requests to appropriate Destination Experience team member and following up as needed.
- Responsible for arranging pre-promotion trips. Works closely with the meeting planner’s client and appropriate Destination Experience manager to book a Visit Orlando team member, confirm hotel reservations, book flights, ship Visit Orlando booth display and materials, prepare pre-trip summary, etc. Proper accounting code information will need to be prepared.
- Processes expense report for the Destination Experience Managers and Director.
- Assists other Destination Experience coordinators or support staff, including providing back-up administrative support for five Destination Experience managers and Destination Experience Representative.
- Responsible for preparing and transmitting member referral lists to clients.
- Fulfills client requests for Visit Orlando promotional materials/collateral to enhance attendee experience at client meetings. Requests materials from inventory, prepares shipping or courier requests if needed, prepares applicable paperwork, tracks and reports accordingly all distribution of materials requested. Monitors orders ensuring delivery or mailing is timely.
- Processes invoices for collateral (i.e. Orlando bags and pens) and/or shipping charges and communicates directly with client regarding payment expectations, etc.
- Schedules meetings (such as VO member presentations), in-person/virtual member presents presentations, including sending out meeting notices, updating participants and take meeting minutes. Reserves conference room, coordinates room set-up and clean-up in accordance with Visit Orlando’s conference room guidelines, prepares and distributes agendas, and arranges for food, beverage and A/V.
- Makes travel arrangements for department team members as necessary. Produces travel summaries and reports the information compiled provided by the department traveler. Completes expense report for travel expenses incurred.
- Processes requests for SIC codes from clients utilizing the current system. Researches and prepares local information lists. Processes media requests (i.e. images, video, b-roll, etc.) and forwards to the appropriate department or Destination Experience manager for future follow up.
- Creates customized delegate websites (based on a Global Template) and updates them as needed (i.e. client changes, special ticket promotions, new verbiage, etc.).
- Creates customized hotel block maps for client requests, utilizing the current system.
- Stays informed on CRM processes and shares updates and best practices with other team members as needed.
- Process media requests from clients by confirming use and working with Convention Marketing. Assists with photo/video requests (i.e. images, b-roll, etc.). Sends to the appropriate department or DS team member for future follow-up as needed.
- Back up for site inspection itineraries, confirms site appointments, and requests Visit Orlando vehicles for managers’ client site visits. Adds in-kind contributions to CRM.
- Prepares (copying, collating and stuffing) DS kits. Maintains proper inventory levels of kits for Destination Experience managers and sales team. Orders and monitors inventory for the team. Prepares Destination Experience kits. Maintains proper inventory levels of guides, bags, pens, kits, etc., for all team members 19. Prepares presentations for Destination Experience team or clients utilizing PowerPoint (or other software systems as required). Works with internal M&C Marketing team as needed.
- Prepares presentations for Destination Experience team or clients utilizing PowerPoint (or other software systems as required). Works with internal M&C Marketing team as needed.
- Consistently exemplifies Visit Orlando Core Values in daily interactions with Visit Orlando team members, prospects, clients, members, and partners resulting in greater business success.
- Prepares office supply orders and communicates with the appropriate sales assistant for ordering. Proper accounting code information will need to be prepared.
- Responsible for typing, copying and distributing any correspondence, including printed materials, faxes, scans of documents and mail, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promotes the brand of Visit Orlando and up-holds the professional expectations in all areas of representation to include, but is not limited to, personal presentation, written and verbal communications with all clients (internal and external), interaction with partners, and any other area where interaction may occur where the brand will be represented.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Serves as a backup to the Receptionist. Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
One year certificate from college or technical school; plus three to five years related; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
50cwpm keyboarding, intermediate level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Power Point. Basic level proficiency or higher in Excel. Database experience required, basic level proficiency or higher in Photoshop, Adobe reader/writer, Internet, and invoicing processes.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not typically result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment. Occasionally, there may be training opportunities that will take place outside the office and will require more extensive standing and walking. This position may also require travel at least once a year to attend a pre-promotion trip for training purposes as well as drive a company vehicle.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.