Corporate Communications Representative
The corporate communications representative helps communicate the value of Visit Orlando to key stakeholders through efforts that include written correspondence, digital collateral and project management. This position supports the business communications director and community relations manager.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Gathers, drafts and edits content for B2B correspondence that includes weekly newsletter, quarterly organizational reports, executive talking points and other projects, as needed.
- Works within CRM and CMS platforms to design and send B2B newsletter, assists with recipient database management and provides reports on email performance metrics.
- Drafts script for CEO’s monthly video updates and assists content producer with visual assets.
- Creates and posts B2B content on digital channels that include corporate blog, LinkedIn, YouTube and About Us subpages of VisitOrlando.com.
- Assists with talking points and visuals for executive presentations designed in PowerPoint.
- Assists with various community relations initiatives, including the coordination of speaking engagements, corporate social responsibility efforts and other tasks, as needed.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand Ambassador.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, English, journalism or related field. One to three years experience preferred but will consider recent graduates.
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with AP style
- Keen eye for details and design
- Skilled in problem-solving, adaptive learning, creative thinking, and information synthesis
- Project management and deadline-oriented
- Experience with video script writing and/or talking points a plus
Must be skilled in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, with the ability to learn content management systems such as Simpleview, Act-on, Smartsheet and others. Graphics/Photoshop skills a plus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Additional language skills are a plus.
Ability to calculate figures such as percentages, averages, and medians as part of monthly reports. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to Human.Resources@visitorlando.com
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Visit Orlando complies with all federal and state laws regarding vaccine mandates.