Corporate Communications Manager
Contribute to Visit Orlando’s corporate communications efforts to include setting objectives, messaging, liaising with multiple departments and creating B2B content for engaging with community leaders, government officials, member businesses, board members, the tourism industry and other stakeholders.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Develops plans to proactively communicate the value, results and programs of Visit Orlando, as well as Orlando’s tourism industry, to various community stakeholders.
- Supports the organization with written and visual collateral; manages planning and execution of executive communications.
- Promotes Visit Orlando and role in Orlando’s tourism industry to increasingly broader audience through ownership of proactive communication vehicles.
- Develops talking points and briefs spokespeople or presenters.
- Ensures creative, consistent, effective and accurate communications across all delivery platforms. Creates, and manages others in the creation of, content that includes:
- Corporate letters and collateral
- Bylined columns and opinion pieces
- Industry e-newsletters and corporate blog
- Organizational reports, executive summaries
- Executive presentations (PowerPoint)
- Visit Orlando signature luncheon presentations
- About Us webpage and subpages
- LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media posts
- Corporate videos
- Business Plans
- Gain approval for content, images, videos and other items for use in corporate communications.
- Analyzes and reports key performance indicators against organizational goals, department performance and key analytics.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
Supervision of Others
- Corporate communications representative
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in a fast-paced, consumer writing or design environment, juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive writing and editing experience with excellent knowledge of grammar and AP Style, and the ability to present a compelling idea or concept in a quick snapshot.
- Experience developing content for both online and offline communication channels.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to synthesize a wide variety of information into clear, concise content.
- Excellent relationship-building skills among a broad range of community and internal stakeholders.
- Proven project management experience. Ability to prioritize, direct and execute multiple simultaneous projects, for self and department overall, with short turnaround time and competing demands.
- Experience supervising or working with creative contractors, including photo, video, graphic design, and print writers.
- Strong Internet and computer skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of writing for digital and social media.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Business writing.
- Editing and proofing.
- High attention to detail.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.