Convention Sales Intern
As part of the Meetings & Convention Sales Department, the Convention Sales Intern will support different team members within the department. The intern will work 24 hours a week (three full days). The candidate should possess exceptional organization skills, computer skills, as well as strong verbal communication.
Convention Sales Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Research future potential clients by gathering information on the company such as headquarter info, meeting history, company demographics, etc.
- Enter customer information into databases as collected upon forms or spreadsheets.
- Maintain the CRM database by adding contact information, addresses, and planner profiles; cleaning up inactive accounts and contacts; cleaning up past due activity; accurately maintaining ownership compliance; and managing the sales funnel.
- Coordinates all site itineraries for the Account Managers. Provides customer service to clients, hotel representatives and customers with convention details and other information as needed.
- Organizes travel arrangements when needed for the Account Managers and/or clients including airfare, hotels, and car rental.
- Act as backup for destination site representative to coordinate all site itineraries for the Account Managers. Provides customer service to clients, hotel representatives and customers with convention details and other information as needed.
- Attend sales department meetings.
- Work with Convention Marketing Team in CRM to produce electronic proposals for clients in a timely matter.
- Learn how the organization brands and sells itself to spread the Orlando message globally.
- Work in an ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new project and learning experience.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Prior internship or equivalent experience a plus
6277 Sea Harbor Drive Suite 400, Orlando, FL 32821
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $15 per hour, must be enrolled in classes, & must be able to work between 20-24 hours a week. (Flexibility in days/hours)
Strong candidates may be invited for a phone screen.
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.