Convention Marketing Intern
The Visit Orlando Global Marketing team is responsible for managing integrated marketing campaigns including advertising, publicity, and promotions for the organization to expand the awareness of the destination.
The Convention Marketing Intern duties may include the opportunity to:
- Traffic creative jobs through the in-house creative agency
- Exposure to planning, executing, and tracking paid media campaigns
- Assist in the preparation of sales presentations
- Attend department and client meetings
- Assist with updating website and blog content
- Track competitive information to assist with strategic planning efforts
- Assist with co-op partner material collection and tracking
- Support sales team with collateral collection, inventory, and distribution
- Work with other disciplines (areas) of the company
- Opportunity to participate in client video shoots or member experiences
- Write and distribute a bi-weekly industry trend report
- Work in an ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new project and learning experience
- Attention to detail a must
- Experience with PowerPoint, digital and social media a plus
- Assist with implementing sales and marketing initiatives for the Meetings & Conventions segment, which includes print and digital media, website and collateral content and sales presentations
- Basic computer skills – to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint - are required.
- Previous marketing internships a plus
Please email your resume to Interns@visitorlando.com
For more information about Visit Orlando, please visit our website at www.visitorlando.com
**Interns will be paid $15 per hour, must be enrolled in classes, & must be able to work between 20-24 hours a week. (Flexibility in days/hours)
Strong candidates may be invited for a phone screen.
Visit Orlando Mission and Core Values
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.