Business Development Specialist
Proactively prospect for new meetings and conventions that have not or do not currently have meetings scheduled in Orlando; provide qualified leads to the Visit Orlando convention sales team and its multi-brand hotel members and promote Orlando as the premier meetings and conventions destination.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Achieve quarterly and annual group lead objectives.
- Perform other accountabilities and projects as assigned
- Ensure own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Attend sales meetings and one-on-ones on a weekly basis.
- Maintain Orlando product knowledge by attending local member functions and hotel site visits such as receptions and grand openings as directed by leader.
- Contribute to planner attendance to all sales missions and in-market destination orientations.
- Maintain the CRM database by adding contact information, addresses; cleaning up inactive accounts and contacts; cleaning up past due activity; accurately maintaining ownership compliance; and managing the sales funnel.
- Consistently exemplifies Visit Orlando Core Values in daily interactions with Visit Orlando team members, prospects, clients, members, and partners resulting in greater business success.
- Prospecting Assist on new leads (arrive via Cvent, Online, other etc.)
- Meet with assigned sales team member bi-weekly to discuss strategy on segments for prospecting and review results.
- Prospecting in Buckets / Markets based on direction provided by National Account Manager/Director, Account Director, or Manager of Business Development.
- Proactively prospect for end user decision makers for new group leads based on the structure below:
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or a minimum of three years related sales experience; hotel experience a plus or equivalent combination of education and sales experience preferred.
Microsoft Office 365 programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines and social media.
Ability to be comfortable on the phone, be conversational, and ask probing questions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret email, general business documents, reports, professional journals, and government documents. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees of the organization in both written (email, reports, business correspondence) and verbal (presentations, meetings) forms. Ability to effectively respond to questions from prospects, customers, staff, members, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, means, medians, etc. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency and distribution.
Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 10 pounds.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT ORLANDO MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Due to this, you will be asked about your vaccination status at the time of any offer extended.