Solicits, books and services national and international conventions, trade shows and other groups promoting Orlando as the premier meeting and convention destination. Educate customers on why they should consider and choose Orlando to host their meetings while working with Visit Orlando’s hotel members to carry out site visits; showcasing how select hotels may exceed planner’s expectations. Ensure hotel members can and do close group business close group business for the destination.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Achieve annual definite room-night objectives.
- Solicits organizations through telephone calls, personal sales calls, correspondence, and formal bid presentations to promote Orlando for their meeting needs. Conducts appropriate follow-up to obtain business. Qualifies potential new business to ensure it meets booking guidelines.
- Conduct needs analysis to overcome objections when necessary; persuading planners to host meetings in Orlando by communicating often through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share, video conference, social media and in-person meetings.
- Provide a seamless transition of all leads from and/or to the appropriate coordinator, specialist, or other team member for distribution to our hotel members.
- Actively work all reactive leads in non-owned accounts or assignments with a need of 50-149 hotel rooms on peak: setting expectations throughout the booking process.
- Work with meeting planners with groups representing 50-149 hotel rooms on peak by proactively encouraging site visits with hotel members to help sell and close the destination.
- Maintain customer relationship management (CRM) system; use system to manage a pipeline of prospects.
- Proactively follow-up with both planners and hotel members to aid in and ensure group business (hotel rooms are booked); cultivating relationships that readily move opportunities toward booking.
- Energetically recruit planners to attend Visit Orlando’s out-of-market sales missions as well as to participate in destination orientations; further building relationships and increasing leads to hotels.
- Consistently exemplifies Visit Orlando Core Values in daily interactions with Visit Orlando team members, prospects, clients, members, and partners resulting in greater business success.
- Attend regular sales meetings and one-on-one meetings with supervisor.
- Maintains Orlando product knowledge by attending local member functions and hotel site visits such as receptions and grand openings as directed by leader.
- Communicates with members and clients to fulfill their needs to ensure repeat bookings and business in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures protection of the Visit Orlando brand and serves as brand ambassador.
- Ensure own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Perform other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus, two to three years’ of inside or outside new business sales related experience with a proven track record of success; hotel experience a plus
Ability to be comfortable on the phone, be conversational, and ask probing questions. Ability to read, analyze and interpret email, general business documents, reports, professional journals, and government documents. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees of the organization in both written (email, reports, business correspondence) and verbal (presentations, meetings) forms. Ability to effectively respond to questions from prospects, customers, staff, members, and the public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, means, medians, etc. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency and distribution.
Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool Salesforce knowledge a plus. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines, database searches and social media.
Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to 10 pounds.
The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Candidates must be located in Orlando. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIT ORLANDO MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Our mission is to inspire, promote and grow global travel to Orlando for economic and community benefit. Our Core Values are: (1) WE INNOVATE: We are free to be curious and to create what we imagine. We go beyond delivering what works, we deliver what’s next; (2) WE TRUST: We are stewards of the resources and experiences entrusted to us. We show up for each other and our community. Trust is our currency; (3) WE WELCOME: We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice. Everyone belongs here; (4) WE SERVE: We are dedicated to serving our community and each other. Service is our superpower; (5) WE “ORLANDO”: We create moments that matter and have a blast doing it! Fun has no height restrictions.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Visit Orlando wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and community and that we are taking additional measures to protect you, your coworkers, and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. We highly encourage all of our team members to be fully vaccinated. Due to this, you will be asked about your vaccination status at the time of any offer extended.