The Winter Garden Heritage Foundation operates two delightful museums in charming, historic downtown Winter Garden.
The Winter Garden Heritage Museum (1 N. Main Street), located in the 1918 Atlantic coast Line railroad depot, features:
- Movie detailing the area's history
- Large collection of local citrus crate labels
- Citrus packing house replica
- Native American artifacts
- Photographs and memorabilia of the area dating from pioneer settlement days
- Just outside the museum stands a caboose, a 1950s fire truck, and old tractors and equipment for interactive play.
The Central Florida Railroad Museum (101 S. Boyd Street) is located in the 1913 Tavares and Gulf Railroad depot, one block south of the West Orange Trail and exhibits:
- An extensive collection of dining car china and silver
- A 1938 Fairmont motorcar
- Velocipede handcar
- Junior train enthusiasts will enjoy an HO scale train layout and an interactive wooden train set.
Both museums are open daily 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Category: Museums
- Distance to Walt Disney World: 11.0 Miles
- Distance to Orlando Intl Airport (MCO): 19.2 Miles
- Distance to Sanford Intl Airport (SFB): 25.3 Miles
- Distance to Downtown: 12.5 Miles
- Distance to Convention Center: 12.0 Miles
- Distance to SeaWorld: 13.2 Miles
- Distance to Universal: 9.6 Miles
Free, although donations are appreciated
Hours of Operation
Open every day from 1 p.m.-5 p.m., except major holidays
Length of Activity