| Start planning your Orlando vacation. |
free Orlando Visitor Guide
Get the most out of your Orlando vacation. Here’s how:
Getting Around Orlando
- Taxis, shuttle vans and private car pick-ups are available just outside the door on the baggage claim level at both Orlando International and Orlando-Sanford International airports.
- Before leaving home, find out if your hotel offers complimentary airport shuttles.
- Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Resort can take advantage of the park's complimentary roundtrip service from and to Orlando International Airport aboard the park's Magical Express motorcoach. The service also includes luggage delivery to hotel rooms, and departing guests can even print boarding passes and check luggage before leaving the hotel. For more information, visit disneyworld.disney.go.com.
- Drivers using toll roads should note the E-Pass "Exact Change Only" and "Change and Receipts" toll lanes. Tollbooths do not accept credit cards.
- This interactive map will help you easily plan your trip around Orlando.
Hotel and Sales Tax
- In Central Florida, taxes on purchases range from 6.5 to 7 percent on all merchandise except "necessary" grocery items and medicine. A 6 percent resort tax is imposed on all hotel rooms in addition to the sales tax.
- Sunshine and warm temperatures are one of the highlights of an Orlando vacation. Expect daytime highs around 69° F from December through February, with June through September temperatures rising to 89° F (32° C) and higher.
- Orlando has plenty of events year-round, seasonal and non-seasonal, to appeal to everyone. A full listing of events and free things to do in Orlando will help you easily plan your trip.
- Whether you're looking for a specialized guide to Orlando dining and theme parks, discounts or maps, our helpful Mobile Apps page will put you just clicks away from all of your most-asked questions.
- Orlando and its surrounding areas use two area codes: (407) and (321). Here are important phone numbers to keep handy during your visit to Orlando:
Emergencies (Police, Fire, Ambulance): 911
Directory assistance: 411
Full listing of Orlando's government agencies
The Official Visitor Center of Orlando: (407) 363-5872
- Orlando is a fun and safe place to visit, but it's still important to take precautions. Here is a list of important safety tips to keep with you during your vacation.
Need More information?
- The Official Visitor Center of Orlando sells discounted theme park and attraction tickets and provides currency exchange services. The friendly, multi-lingual staff can assist with questions in person or via telephone at (407) 363-5872.
- Order a free Vacation Planning Kit online
- If you are a Meeting Planner wanting to find out more information about doing business in Orlando, please visit our Meetings & Conventions website.
- If you're interested in sponsorship or membership opportunities with Visit Orlando, please visit our members site.
- If you are a travel agent or tour operator looking for more information on how to promote Orlando as a destination, our travel trade site is full of helpful information.