| Start planning your Orlando vacation. |
free Orlando Visitor Guide
Shingle Creek Golf Club
Experience this remarkable new Orlando golf course, which takes its name from the pristine creek, which traverses the property. Early Central Florida settlers, circa 1800, were drawn to the area by the abundance of game, fishing, ancient cypress trees, and of course, the beautiful creek.
Those early pioneers used the creek well, logging the cypress trees, which were floated down stream to a nearby mill and eventually made into shingles for their homes. Thus the name - Shingle Creek.
Today we know that Shingle Creek is part of the natural headwaters of the Florida Everglades, located some 140 miles south of Orlando. The ancient waters of Shingle Creek wind through the elegant new mega resort like a dowager’s necklace - slinky, shiny, and sparkling with hidden treasure.
You may even add something round, dimpled and expensive to her cache, making you a contributor to historic bounty!
- Category: Golf Clubs
- Time of Activity: Quarter Day
- Distance to Walt Disney World: 14.6 Miles
- Distance to Airport: 12.2 Miles
- Distance to Downtown: 13.8 Miles
- Distance to Convention Center: 2.9 Miles
- Distance to SeaWorld: 3.6 Miles
- Distance to Universal: 6.2 Miles
- Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: Seasonal, call for rates
- Time of Activity : Quarter Day
- Wheelchair Accessible