|Start planning your Orlando vacation. |
free Orlando Visitor Guide
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the continental United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the United States or not currently located in the continental United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below and available at www.RulesGo.com.
1. DESCRIPTION: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The "Orlando Does Gowalla Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") begins on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 12:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 11:59 pm ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Visit Orlando ("Sponsor"). Participants must be registered users of Gowalla in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Registration on Gowalla is free, and can be obtained by logging on to www.gowalla.com and following the onscreen instructions to set-up an account.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous states of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry ("Entrant"). Employees of Sponsor, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers and fulfillment companies, any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are ineligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void in AK, HI and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry. 1.) Gowalla Check-In Entry: Entrant must be a wireless service subscriber with a Gowalla account; wireless service provider fees may apply. Entrant must log into his/her Gowalla account using a portable electronic device or phone. Entrant must complete at least one (1) VisitOrlando Gowalla "trip" by checking in at a minimum of five (5) locations during the Sweepstakes Period. Up to three (3) VisitOrlando Gowalla "trip" options will be offered in each of the following five markets: New York, Chicago, Austin, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. Each "trip" option consists of twenty (20) available check-in locations, as detailed on Gowalla.com/VisitOrlando. Upon check-in at any five (1) locations for each available Gowalla trip, the Entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. 2.) Mail-In Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without participating in a Gowalla trip, eligible Entrants must HAND PRINT in ink on a 3 x 5 index card their full name, email address, street address, city, state, zip, daytime phone number and date of birth ("Mail-In Entry") and send it to: "Orlando Does Gowalla", 6700 Forum Drive, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32821. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 11, 2011 and received by April 16, 2011 to be eligible for this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Mail-In Entry per outer stamped envelope. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address used for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant or winner, the Entrant or winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account was opened. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a representation by Entrant that Entrant understands and fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
Grand Prize (1)
|Grand Prize consists of one (1) 4-day / 3 night trip for two (2) people to Orlando, Florida (the "Trip"). Trip includes: (a.) round-trip coach air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner's residence for up to two (2) people (the winner and one travel companion, as designated in writing by winner); (b.) full size rental car in Orlando for four (4) days; (c.) three (3) nights hotel accommodations for winner and his/her guest at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only); (d.) four 1-day theme park passes to winner's choice of Walt Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando or Universal Orlando. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize is $2338.|
First Prizes (10)
|Two (2) admission tickets to an Orlando area attraction, selected from a list of options provided by Sponsor at their sole discretion. Minimum ARV: $60. |
Total Minimum Promotional ARV: $2,938
Travel must be completed by March 31, 2012. All reservations are based on availability, and must be booked at least 30 days in advance of travel date. No trips may be taken during the blackout periods specified by the aforementioned transportation and hotel partners as shown on their certificates. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in their sole discretion. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only.
Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner and travel companion ("Guest") must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Grand Prize winner and Guest agree to undertake the trip at their own risk. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner. Rental car driver must be 25 years of age or older, have a valid driver's license/credit card & insurance (subject to terms and conditions of rental car company) and will be responsible for any additional costs (gas/taxes/etc.) associated with the rental car. Airline for Grand Prize Trip will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. If Grand Prize winner elects to travel without a Guest, no substitution for difference in prize value will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the Grand Prize winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 25, 2011, from among all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email within approximately three (3) days of the aforementioned drawing date. Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 48 hours of first attempted notification. Potential Winners may be required to verify address and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure of any potential winner respond or to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. A prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. Guests will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Sponsor, prior to the travel departure date. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the Prize (stated above) in the calendar year in which the prize was fulfilled. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize that he or she may win, each Entrant agrees to release the Sweepstakes Entities, Gowalla and each of their' respective successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Each Entrant authorizes the Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, and on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sweepstakes Entities are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (v) any inability of Winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sweepstakes Entities representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Florida, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. SPONSOR: Visit Orlando, 6700 Forum Drive, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32821.
11. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner's List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Orlando Does Gowalla" Winners/Rules, 6700 Forum Drive, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32821. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than May 1, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage.