Soccer fans visiting Orlando during the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil don't have to miss any of the action this summer. Many of Orlando-area restaurants, bars, hotels and even shopping centers are making the matches available to their guests - most of them on their giant screen televisions.
SEE ALSO: Orlando's Top Sports Bars and Pubs
Check out our top picks for places around Orlando to watch the games and enjoy special celebrations:
- NBA City will show the FIFA games throughout their restaurant with special packages available to groups. Twice named Orlando's best themed restaurant by the Orlando Sentinel, NBA City evokes the classic sporting venues of the 1940s and '50s.
- Hard Rock Café, located at Universal CityWalk, is the world's largest and most elaborate Hard Rock Café. Guests can enjoy the World Cup games inside their Art Bar, an eclectic room with a large collection of music memorabilia.
- Ocean Prime at the Rialto, located on Sand Lake Road's "Restaurant Row," will air the FIFA games during their operating hours in the Blu Lounge. Ocean Prime features a large seafood menu, but offers other signature dishes from fresh fish and steak to hand-crafted cocktails and world-class wines.
- Copper Canyon Grill at Pointe Orlando will show the 2014 World Cup games with upgraded HD TVs in their main bar area. Happy hour food and drink specials run daily from 3 - 7 p.m.
- NASCAR Sports Grille at Universal CityWalk‘s 37 Plasma Screen TVs and 37-foot (11-meter) media wall will show the FIFA World Cup festivities in a typical American sports bar setting.
- Dewey's Indoor Golf and Sports Grill is a 12,000-square-foot (1,114-square-meter) state-of- the-art facility that features 10 indoor golf simulators, over 70 HDTVs, a 25-foot (7.6-meter) theater screen and a full service bar and restaurant. World Cup events will be shown on their TV screens along with sound.
Additional restaurants showing FIFA World Cup games include: Pat O'Brien's, Bob Marley A Tribute to Freedom, Rainforest Cafe in Disney's Animal Kingdom, ESPN Club and Big River Grille & Brewing Works at Disney's BoardWalk.
- Bongos Cuban Café, best known for superstar owners Gloria and Emilio Estefan, will feature FIFA games in a setting with the tropical sizzle of South Beach glamour as they serve traditional dishes along with daily specials like Cuban-style peppered steak.
- Nelore Churrascaria, an authentic Brazilian steakhouse in Winter Park, offers continuous, all-you-can-eat table side service. While airing the 2014 FIFA World Cup games, Nelore will offer guests 2-for-1 drink specials.
- The Pub at Pointe Orlando will air all the FIFA World Cup games in a traditional European atmosphere while offering visitors drink specials.
- Orlando George & Dragon offers a beer garden; authentic British food; a pool table; quiz and game machines; live music; karaoke every night and all World Cup games on a giant screen television.
- Cricketers Arms Pub, an authentic English pub popular among both locals and visitors, will feature all FIFA activities, an authentic English menu and a wide assortment of beer, lagers and ales.
- Fox and Hounds Pub, a quaint and friendly pub serving fish and chips, shepherd's pie and other British favorites, will air all soccer games on their big screen TV.
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa invites guests to enjoy the 2014 FIFA World CupTM on big screen televisions at one80 Sportgrill and Bar. The bar has dartboards, arcade style games and Wii gaming.
- Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista's Comfort Zone lounge opens early for guest viewing of FIFA games, while food and beverage service beings after 1 p.m. while the games are showing.
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal will feature the FIFA games in their restaurant, Elements Bar & Grille, and have a special international menu throughout the World Cup with food and beverage specials from the various countries competing in the games.
- Flamingo Waterpark Hotel & Resort will show the World Cup on big screen TVs surrounded by themed decorations and food from each of the countries playing. The resort will also have merchandising such as soccer balls and T-shirts, among many other items for sale.
- International Palms Resort is placing a large projector by the pool area to show the World Cup games as well as offering themed drinks.
Visitors that cannot live without shopping will now be able to also have access to the FIFA World Cup games as they stroll through some of Orlando's top shopping venues.
- At The Mall at Millenia, several stores will offer unique FIFA sporting merchandise and restaurants in the complex such as The Capital Grille and BRIO Tuscan Grille will feature the FIFA Games.
- The Florida Mall will air the FIFA World Cup games in the venue's common area and visitors will be able to watch game updates on digital boards. The Florida Mall will also be partnering with select retailers for additional activities related to the World Cup.
- Orlando Premium Outlets will broadcast the World Cup on screens located near the Reebok store at the Vineland property and Tommy Hilfiger at International Drive center.
- Walt Disney World Resort is an official FIFA viewing site, so fans staying at any Disney Resort Hotel will not miss the World Cup Brazil 2014TM games during their vacation. All Disney Resort Hotels offer ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC channels to keep guests informed of everything that happens in the world cup from the comfort of their room.
- Wet n' Wild Orlando, known for multi-passenger theme rides, 17 slides and two splash pools, the family-friendly water park will broadcast the World Cup games in the Wild Tiki Lounge.
Follow our posts using #Orlandogoal on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more information and the latest updates on World Cup activities in Orlando.
Orlando has countless opportunities for making special memories with your mom. Contact one of our Orlando Travel Counselors to help plan a special escape that includes our relaxing indulges, delicious dining and thrilling attractions - it's all here waiting for you.
Related Categories: Hotels & Resorts, Attractions & Theme Parks, Sports & Recreation, Restaurants & Nightlife, Top Stories