Live music, stunning botanicals and a larger-than-life Fab Five Disney character topiary! That's right, spring is in the air as Disney gears up for the 20th annual Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. From March 6 through May 19, visitors can take in the sunshine along with stunning botanicals and breathtaking topiaries that grace the park's landscape.
This event is definitely not your garden variety flower fest. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and a 14-foot Goofy will welcome guests into the park, where visitors will be ushered into a world with towers of flowers in hues they never thought possible. Lovable characters from Phineas and Ferb, Monsters Inc. and Tinker Bell take shape as elaborate topiaries, while new play lands that mimic Cars' Radiator Springs and Oz will allow children to stop and smell the roses.
At night, guests can delight in the illuminated gardens, where they'll see the park in a whole new light. And on the weekends, pop icons from the 60s and 70s grace the Flower Power stage at the American Gardens Theatre. Kicking off the spring concert lineup is Micky Dolenz, singer of "I'm a believer." Other performances include:
- Chubby Checker & The Wildcats (March 15 - March 17)
- The Guess Who (March 22 - March 24)
- Nelson (March 29 - March 31)
- The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie (April 5 - April 7)
- Paul Revere & the Raiders (April 12 - April 14)
- The Village People (April 19 - April 21)
- The Orchestra, Featuring Former Members of ELO and ELO II (April 26 - April 28)
- Tommy Roe (May 3 - May 5)
- Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone (May 10 - May 12)
- Starship starring Mickey Thomas (May 17 - May 19)
Epcot chefs create delectable treats at stations all around the 11 countries of the park. Educational and hands on gardening seminars by HGTV professionals round out this experience as one that is great for all ages. Attendance to this spectacle is included with regular park admission.
Take a look at our photo journey through last year's Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. What are you most excited about this year's festival?