Visit Orlando Blog
Music, food and tons of fun! What else can you ask for? The "Viva La Música" festival returns to SeaWorld Orlando on Saturdays through May 5th to showcase the Latin cuisine, music and arts and crafts in a fun family atmosphere. Award winning performers hit the stage at the Bayside Stadium and, in the event of a little rain, the Nautilus Theater. With over 20 years of culinary experience, SeaWorld Orlando's Executive Chef, Héctor Colón, brings new flavors of the authentic Latin cuisine.
This past Saturday, Latin Grammy Award Winner singer and Viva La Música performer Elvis Crespo unexpectedly met two fans from SeaWorld's sea lion and otter show, Captain Squid and Clyde, a California sea lion.
Viva La Música concert line-up:
April 14 - Elvis Crespo
April 21 - Grupo Niche
April 28 - RKM & Ken-Y
May 5 - Gilberto Santa Rosa
VIP packages starting at $19.99 are available for reserved, front-and-center seating to performances. Here's a cool tip: a SeaWorld Fun Card grants access to all concerts and for the remainder of the year.
Visit VivalaMusicafestival.com for more details.
Spring break always flies by so quickly, don’t you think? If it passed you by this year, now there’s a perfect excuse to come to Orlando from May 1 – June 15 to Be The First to experience all the new opening rides, parades and adventures and a whole bunch of entertaining experiences. Here’s a list of the many new ways the unbelievable and enchanting side of Orlando is coming alive this year and for you to have Be The First bragging rights:
- Experience the life of a sea turtle at SeaWorld Orlando as they open TurtleTrek on April 27th.
- Enjoy the new Superstar Parade at Universal Studios Florida launching May 8. Enjoy floats, street performers and characters like Sponge Bob and, of course, the minions from Despicable Me.
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man are now more than amazing with new animation and outstanding high-def visuals.
- At the Walt Disney World Resort, the Magic Kingdom is doubling up in magic as it doubles up in size. Phase 1 of the Fantasyland Expansion is now open.
- LEGOLAND Florida is opening a waterpark to stay cool and adding more attractions.
- Rollercoasters aren’t just for theme parks. At Forever Florida EcoSafaris you’ll find The Rattlesnake, first zipline roller coaster in the USA.
Offers and Discounts May 1 – June 15:
- The Buena Vista Suites are offering rates beginning at $89 per night with a $10 per night food credit and 20% off spa services.
- At the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel one-bedroom suites start at $159.49 and two-bedroom villas begin at $259.49. The villa package includes a $60 nightly food & beverage credit.
- Fresh off of a $25 million renovation, at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort rates begin at $135 per night and come with 40% off a spa treatment at the new Top of The Palms Spa and 20% off food and beverage throughout the stay. Mention GRANDOP at booking.
Go to VisitOrlando.com/first to view all of the offers and start planning your May/June getaway.