Updated for 2016
Winter's harsh weather can sometimes be downright brutal. But hang in there, No other destination takes the bite out of the freezing chill and can inspire incredible vacation stories quite like Orlando. Our team of fun in the sun finders has compiled a list of our top 10 favorite spring break activities in Orlando in 2016.
1. Trade your snow boots for flip flops and head to Orlando's world-famous water parks, offering refreshing excitement for guests of all ages: Aquatica - SeaWorld's Waterpark, Disney's Blizzard Beach, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Wet ‘n Wild - Orlando.
2. Catch the ultimate indoor wave at Fantasy Surf, an interactive water sport activity combining the look of surfing, the ride of snowboarding and the tricks of skateboarding all in one.
3. Catch an Atlanta Braves Spring Training game at ESPN Wide World of Sports through the end of March.
5. Experience outdoor adventures with Wild Florida's airboat tour and wildlife park experience or visit Forever Florida for open-air eco-safaris and ziplining. Gatorland also offers ziplining opportunities.
6. Hit a hole in one at one of Orlando's celebrity-designed golf courses at Waldorf Astoria Golf Club and Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club & Lodge. Be sure to check out the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard at Bay Hill March 21-27 if you're in town!
7. Celebrate Mardi Gras at Universal Studios Florida on select nights through April 18 with top-name music acts, authentic New Orleans cuisine, thousands of beads and a colorful parade.
8. Welcome spring at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival and enjoy elaborate gardens, helpful seminars and nightly musical entertainment.
9. Spice up your visit with classic rock and smokin' barbecue at SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ and enjoy Viva la Musica at SeaWorld Orlando as Latin culture is celebrated through music, dance, crafts, food and concerts.
10. Catch up on some R&R at Orlando's most notable spas, including The Spa at Shingle Creek and The Spa at Hilton Orlando, both located near International Drive. In addition to a wealth of spa services for adults, The Ritz-Carlton Spa at Grande Lakes Orlando offers kid and teen-friendly services, including princess fizzing manicures and pedicures.
Our theme parks, water parks and outdoor attractions offer the much needed cold weather escape for the whole family. Let Visit Orlando make planning your vacation even more fun. Request a free Orlando Vacation Planning Kit.
Related Categories: Top Stories