Orlando is the perfect place to find that "wow" factor gift this holiday season. From once-in-a-lifetime special experiences to unforgettable gifts you can't find anywhere else, Orlando has a wide array of unique ideas to make this holiday season truly unforgettable.
1. The Walt Disney World Resort fan will love the new Disney Parks Memory Challenge (retail $24.95). The game incorporates a new twist on the world's most popular matching game and features images of classic and favorite Disney attractions. Plus, you can add your own Disney vacation photos using exclusive cards. For Disney pin collectors, special holiday versions are available, including the Disney Express - Boxed Set (released Dec. 16).
2. For the little wizard in your family, an authentic wand from Universal Orlando Resort's Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the way to go. If you won't be visiting Orlando during the holidays, you can still order a wand online (retail $29.99), as well as other specialty items such as a four-pack of Chocolate Frogs (retail $49.95) or a Gyrffindor Robe (retail $99.95). The wands are packaged with an authentic Ollivanders Wand Shop box, which isn't available in regular retail stores.
3. Gatorland features a large gift shop with items appealing to the gator-lover on your gift list. Pair a bottle of ‘Swamp Juice' from Aspirations winery with a quirky gator wine glass for a memorable holiday gift (retail $15.99 Swamp Juice; $28.99 wine glass).
4. Florida is synonymous with fresh citrus and in particular, for its oranges. Showcase of Citrus lets you hand-pick oranges and other fresh citrus right from the grove, which makes the perfect gift for health-conscious loved ones on your gift list ($10 for quarter bushel; $20 for half bushel).
5. The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art features exclusive merchandise derived from the works of master designer Louis Comfort Tiffany-including jewelry, stained-glass panels, glass bowls, and vases-and a wide range of items inspired by other artists represented in the Museum's collection. Popular gift items include Lundberg Studios glass perfume bottles and vases (retail $195-$310).
6. The Orange County Regional History Center specializes in unique and nostalgic gifts reflecting the cultural history of Central Florida. The store offers rare vintage photographs, quirky Florida souvenirs, delicious Florida treats and classic toys, books, and other great gift items, such as Florida-made wine from local Lakeridge Winery (retail $19.99) and local honey (retail $4.99).
7. The Kessler Collection Signature Grand Bohemian Gallery, located at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in downtown Orlando, showcases rare works of art by local, regional and internationally recognized artists designed to inspire the collector in every visitor. From contemporary paintings and glass art to intricate jewelry and ceramics, the Grand Bohemian Gallery represents a wide array of talent, often hosting exhibitions and exclusive artist receptions. For the jewelry lover, consider the Emin Taos full moon series (retail $275).
8. Ideal for the animal lover, Discovery Cove's Trainer for a Day Program (price ranges from $398-518), takes lucky gift recipients on an up-close journey alongside animal experts to interact with bottlenose dolphins, rays and other magical sea creatures. Also includes a 14-day unlimited pass to SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Aquatica - SeaWorld's Waterpark.
9. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers a gift that's out of this world with the Astronaut Training Experience (ATX) Half-Day Program (retail $145). Adventurers prepare for the rigors of space by participating in a range of interactive, anti-gravity activities and even meet a NASA astronaut.
10. For the adrenaline junkie, consider purchasing a gift card for the Orlando Adventure Collection. With the card, they will be able to create a customized adventure package, choosing from activities such as skydiving, hot air balloon riding, ziplining, airboat riding, helicopter riding and ATVs, just to name a few. Better yet, 30% of the proceeds will benefit the company's conservation effort.