Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a Visitor Services Lead. This position is responsible for daily oversight of operating functions and team management. Assists Destination Specialists in promoting Visit Orlando services to meet customers’ needs and increase overall sales. Responds to a variety of team member questions, customer inquiries and issues in an efficient and professional manner in order to maintain exemplary guest service & promote an atmosphere of team cohesiveness.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responsible for being well-versed and knowledgeable of all products and services, procedures and policies.
2. Responsible for opening and closing procedures including but not limited to:
o Verification of cashier bank/tickets supplied to cashiers at opening & closing
o Daily audit of ticket inventory including safe and ticket drawer o Prepares reconciliation of daily sales and ensures all paperwork is accurate and complete
o Cross-references sales made in POS and 3rd party systems to ensure accuracy of transactions
o Prepare daily cash deposits
o Investigates variances relating to ticket sales, transactions, inventory issues and makes corrections when possible. Communicates variances using proper documentation.
o Processes on-line orders
o Processes foreign currency exchange
o Ensures appropriate closing and securing of facility
3. Responsible for ensuring all functions and positions are appropriately staffed during the shift. Includes completing & communicating daily lunch and break schedules.
4. Promote ticket sales in order to meet or exceed departmental goals. Uses qualifying techniques to support sales goals while ensuring guest’s needs are met. Enhances guest experience & maximizes sales opportunities by continually demonstrating up-sell and cross-sell techniques.
5. Works in CRM (Customer Relations Management) system to accurately document and/or respond to consumer and member contacts received via phone, email and live chat. Is able to assist Destination Specialists with training and questions regarding the CRM system.
6. Ensures guest service is maintained at an exemplary level. Consistently leads by example in all aspects. Is available for team member and guest assistance.
7. Observes all team members to ensure they are providing accurate quality information, consistently promoting ticket sales and processing transactions accurately. Provides constructive feedback and coaching to team members on improving compliance of operational procedures, guest service skills and avoiding guest service issues.
8. Responsible for communication and documentation of operational anomalies and team member issues to Leads, Supervisors and Managers as appropriate.
9. Assists in training of new team members. Disseminates new information, procedures, and programs. Assists in resolving team member issues. Provides ongoing updates and feedback to team members when procedures or technologies change.
10. Serves as back up for all functions and positions when needed.
11. Responsible for working in multiple locations.
12. Performs daily operational responsibilities as noted in operational procedures.
13. Must be able to drive for company related business.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus two years related sales and customer service experience and one year in sales & customer service in a leadership role or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have an extensive knowledge of Orlando and the surrounding area. Tourism industry knowledge helpful. Must have experience with cash handling and using a POS, experience in CRM is preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLSBasic computer skills including familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet search and 35wpm keyboarding.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence to teammates, managers, co-workers within the organization and members. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Spanish, Portuguese, and or German preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Standing for long periods of time is frequently required. The employee is occasionally required to walk extended distances. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The employee will occasionally be required to lift up to 15 lbs.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT:Frequent DrivingGood Driving Record