Visit Orlando is now recruiting for (2)Trade Shows & Events Sr. Event Planner. This position provides logistical expertise for high-profile Visit Orlando events (member and non-member), fam trips, sales missions, Signature Events, as well as other industry and client events as assigned in support of Visit Orlando’s mission to promote the destination and secure greater visitation.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Plans, coordinates and executes all facets of events, meetings and global marketing fams, including the following:
• Research Venues
• Site Selection
• Contract Negotiations
• Creating Print Materials (invitations, thank you’s, signs)
• Menu Selection • Program Development
• Speaker Selection
• Room Design
• Audio Visual
• Working with Production company
• Invoicing and Billing
2. Works with internal Visit Orlando departments to coordinate their events as needed. Responsible for events that are higher profile, more complex or larger in size. Specific tasks include:
• Researching Venues
• Site Selection
• Contract Negotiations
• Menu Selection
• Provide input on invitations
• Amenity Research
•Travel for site inspections and to operate events
3. Issues leads and RFPs for vendors as needed in accordance with Visit Orlando purchasing guidelines.
4. Provides copy and design specifications for Evites and printed materials (ex. signage, collateral, etc.) to Publications Department.\
5. Manages staff and vendors at chosen event site in order to coordinate details.
6. Works with Event Coordinator to set up registration software and online registration for events.
7. Liaisons with both Meetings and Conventions and Global Marketing teams for concept development and onsite coordination, communicates member events to Visit Orlando employees and Visit Orlando members in a timely manner.
8. Recruits, trains and supervises Membership Committee volunteers and support staff required for member events. Monitors on-site event activities and resolves any problems that arise to ensure a positive experience for attendees.
9. Prepares reports for Finance Department regarding attendance and invoicing for each event.
10. Reviews event invoices for accuracy and acquires approval for payment.
11. Conducts post-member event evaluations in order to determine how future events could be improved.
12. Maintains records of all event aspects including budget summary.
13. Ensures best possible pricing and/or in-kind donations have been negotiated for all events including soliciting member donations for events for giveaways, raffles and door prizes.
15. Assists department Sr. Manager and recommends departmental budget to ensure operations are conducted within budgeted guidelines, noting variances monthly.
16. Responsible for day-to-day supervision of Event Department intern including interviewing, training and determining project schedule.
17. Networks with Visit Orlando members to build and maintain positive, professional relationships.
18. Active participation in local meetings related professional associations.
19. Works with event sponsors to ensure all needs are met for both the sponsor and event.
20. Responds to member inquiries regarding events in a friendly, professional manner.
21. Ensures protection of the Orlando Brand. Serves as Brand ambassador.
22. Ensures work area is maintained in a safe clean manner.
23. Performs other projects as needed, while demonstrating leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; plus five to seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; plus five to seven years related conference, events planning and management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate level proficiency or higher in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Intermediate level proficiency or higher in Microsoft Word and Outlook. 35 cwpm keyboarding.
• Ability to travel domestically frequently.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment.
• Ability to coordinate, manage and execute several events at one time.