Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Senior Manager Public Relations Domestic Meetings. The Senior Manager Public Relations Domestic Meetings is responsible for the development and management of programs to generate positive publicity for Orlando destination. Special focus on U.S. media, including national, travel trade, major source market and Florida-based media outlets; meetings and convention media.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Works directly with Domestic PR agency hub team to develop and execute publicity plans for promoting the destination. Provides strategic direction to account team. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met by the efforts of the Orlando office and international office.
- Serves as project manager on Domestic, Florida and Meetings publicity campaigns. Contributes to the development and implementation of programs including the annual plan and budget to support Visit Orlando's goals.
- Proactively contacts journalists to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with Visit Orlando representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization.
- Oversees development of media familiarization tours for groups, individuals and film crews, working with the Public Relations support team, PR Representative and the Trade Shows & Events team to obtain transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
- Oversees the development of missions and trade show activities in the territories assigned with and without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
- Works with all marketing teams (including partnership marketing, direct marketing, advertising, content and M&C) to maximize opportunities and ensure program integration.
- Leads or assists on industry and Visit Orlando committees and task forces as assigned or selected.
- Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, newsletter copy, social media/online copy and completes other editorial assignments. If necessary, provides or reviews translations.
- Monitors market for hospitality, travel, M&C, PR and social media trends.
- Ensures media database/target list is up to date.
- Reports pertinent to DMAI metrics, budget variances, strategic plan goals, objectives, department performance, etc. in a timely manner.
- Manages relevant program budgets, ensuring programs are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
- Ensures staff development, empowerment, training, etc. in a relevant and timely manner. Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Leads and manages PR Representative with focus on US, meeting & convention media.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Eight to ten years related experience and/or training in public relations and/or journalism.
- Knowledge and relationships with domestic leisure media. Meetings media contacts a plus.
- Must have experience with multiple social media platforms, and integrating traditional publicity ideas with a social component.
- Exceptional written communication skills a must including knowledge of A.P. style and experience writing media materials including releases, alerts, pitches, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and presentation skills including ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional domestic travel.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006