Visit Orlando is now recruiting a Sr. Manager of Trade Shows & Events. The Sr. Manager of Trade Shows & Events will assist the Director of Trade Shows & Events to oversee all Visit Orlando events in support of Visit Orlando’s mission to promote the destination and secure greater visitation.
Below are some of the responsibilities of position:
1. Oversees high profile, signature VIP events, signature non-member events, meeting fams, staff events and board events including scheduling, managing and/or making recommendations for the following:
Amenities, audio/Visual, billing, invitations,menus, programs, registration, rehearsals,room blocks, scripts, speakers,sponsors,staging,sheming & décor, and transportation
2. Delegate responsibility as needed for specific events, but maintains overall logistical and budget responsibility. Conducts venue research, secures room-blocks, and recommends food/beverage, décor, event flow and onsite event management.
3. Ensures appropriate pre-planning, execution and event de-briefing occur. This will include: scheduling meetings, taking and dispersing meeting minutes in a timely manner, communicating all pertinent event details with appropriate departments (e.g. date changes, A/V cost requirements, etc.)
4. Seeks out, gathers and documents feedback on assigned events. Work with Research team to implement follow-up surveys. Information should be gathered from the venue contact(s) for external events and internal client(s) and their manager for internal events. This may be done on-site as well as through follow-up after the event.
5. Ensures event themes and Orlando brand are thoroughly and consistently incorporated within budgeted guidelines, noting variances monthly.
6. Assist Director with departmental budget management to ensure operations are conducted within budgeted guidelines, noting variances monthly.
7. Responsible for creating the quarterly board highlights document for the Director.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; seven to ten years related planning experience including a minimum of 5 years of management experience; CMP designation required; CMM designation is preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Must have working knowledge of and experience with, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, ability to create reports.
SUPERVISION of OTHERS:
Event Planner (2)
Event Coordinator (2)