Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Public Relations Associate Representative. This position is responsible for generating media coverage for Visit Orlando programs and events; works with specific media targets as assigned; primarily supports Latin America media manager and projects, as needed.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Provides assistance to journalists for Latin America markets working closely with the Media Manager. Activities include assisting with story research, development of materials and assisting with photography and b-roll requests.
• Generates media interest in Visit Orlando programs and events from assigned media targets to increase editorial coverage of Orlando, Visit Orlando and its members.
• Assists in PR plan development and execution for Visit Orlando programs and events.
• Drafts and/or edits press materials, media content and other written communications as assigned in English and Portuguese.
• Supports the Latin America media manager as needed with group press trips, media missions, tradeshows and events.
• Assists in the development of itineraries for visiting journalists including obtaining accommodations, attraction passes, meals and escorts as needed.
• Assists in coordinating media familiarization tours for press groups, including obtaining transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed.
• Helps to maintain media Web site content ensuring accuracy, relevancy and timeliness.
• Ensures clips from markets of responsibility are accurately entered in the department database.
• Ensures media database is up to date.
• Contributes to the development of social media content (Facebook, Twitter and Visit Orlando blog) in English and Portuguese.
• Assists in preparation of department reports as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and 2 years related experience, internships and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Ideal candidate is an excellent communicator (verbal and written) with strong organizational skills and a drive to meet deadlines; possesses a pleasant demeanor and enjoys being part of a team; and is interested in entering communications and pursuing it as a career path.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Intermediate skill level with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access or other database system. CMS experience is a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Preferred native Portuguese speaker; Portuguese proficiency required. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee will often be required to stand and walk for several hours while hosting media in area attraction and theme parks The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT:Frequent DrivingGood Driving RecordMust be able to work a fluctuating work schedule including evenings and weekends.