Visit Orlando is now recruiting a National Accounts Director in Washington DC. This individual will be responsible for the solicits, books and services national and international conventions, trade shows and other groups promoting Orlando as the premier meeting and convention destination.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the position...
- Solicits organizations through telephone calls, personal sales calls, correspondence and formal bid presentations to promote Orlando for their meeting needs. Conducts appropriate follow-up to obtain business. Qualifies potential new business to ensure it meets booking guidelines.
- Communicates with members and clients to fulfill their needs to ensure repeat bookings and business in a timely and professional manner.
- Acts as liaison between convention center, hotels and service members to meet the needs of the client.
- Coordinates site inspections for citywide clients to showcase the city including convention center, hotels and attractions.
- Prepares and maintains housing packages for citywide conventions to ensure availability for the client. Collects peak room commitment and room rates for each property to complete the housing summary accurately.
- Prepares correspondence to clients, members and Visit Orlando management to confirm transactions and advise of necessary changes in a timely manner.
- Prepares citywide proposals including customized bids as necessary.
- Coordinates sales blitzes, trade show, fair share booths and FAMS including invitations, mailings, budget, theme and final billings.
- Attends trade shows and Visit Orlando functions to promote the Orlando area as needed.
- Prepares and maintains housing charts, room flow charts and trade show priority charts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepares and performs presentations to committees and boards for site selection as needed.
- Updates computer system to include all pertinent information on clients and leads in an accurate and timely manner.
- Will attend sales meetings via conference call on a regular basis.
- Travel to Orlando as appropriate for site inspections and meetings.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus ten years related experience with national corporate or association markets for 1st tier city CVB; or national sales experience with nationally branded 1st tier hotel. Selling to associations with large Tradeshows.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Domestic
- MUST RESIDE IN DC AREA
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006