Visit Orlando is now recruiting a Media Manager. This position posting has been updated since its original posting. The territories have been updated from US and Canada to the UK, Europe and Asia.
The Media Manager develops and manages programs to generate positive publicity for Orlando and Visit Orlando members and works to increase editorial coverage in consumer and trade media in the UK, and assigned markets in Europe and Asia. The Media Manager will also manage the day-to-day program execution of PR agencies in assigned markets.This position will require some international travel.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Works directly with the International offices and agency representatives to develop and execute plans for promoting the destination. Provides strategic direction to agency representatives. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met by the efforts of the Orlando office and international office.
- Serves as project manager on domestic, U.S. Hispanic and Canadian publicity campaigns. Contributes to the development and implementation of programs and plans including the annual plan and budget to support Visit Orlando’s goals.
- Proactively contacts journalists in assigned markets to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with Visit Orlando representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization.
- Oversees development of media familiarization tours for groups, working with the Global Publicity support team and the Trade Shows & Events team to obtain transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
- Oversees development of itineraries for visiting journalists and film crews, working with Global Publicity support team to obtain accommodations, attraction passes and meals.
- Organizes and leads media development missions and trade show activities in the territories assigned with or without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
- Works with all marketing teams (including partnership marketing, direct marketing, advertising and content) to maximize opportunities and ensure program integration.
- Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, newsletter copy and completes other editorial assignments.
- Arranges various broadcast elements such as SMT, RMT, Podcasts, etc. to support initiatives.
- Manages relevant program budgets, ensuring programs are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
- Assists member partners to develop and enhance their own marketing efforts through education, seminars, consultation and other appropriate techniques.
- Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the culture for the territories for which assigned. Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
- Computer Skills: Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with social media sites Facebook, Twitter and YouTube a plus.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006