Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Marketing Manager, Domestic. The Marketing Manager, Domestic is responsible for development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs for the Florida market. This position will be the first point of contact for the Florida market and consumer programs and will manage production of all advertising projects which will include interaction with internal departments as well as external agencies.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the development and execution of Florida annual marketing campaign which includes working with research to gather and review pertinent information, managing those creative and media agencies involved. Acts as project manager for the campaign ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring creative meets the market strategy and providing materials (copy, phone #'s, Web address) to all types of media (TV, radio, print, on-line & outdoor) for consumer marketing projects.
- Oversees project management in the Florida campaign. Includes the development of media plans and creative to fulfill the traditional and digital media, as well as review of appropriate websites for content.
- Creates new ways to enhance the marketing of the Deals program along with creating marketing materials, member assets, etc.
- Provides input and feedback on consumer guides to ensure they meet market needs. Develop and ensure implementation of distribution plans for the domestic consumer guides and works with Travel Industry Sales on Tour & Travel and International Guides.
- Develops plans and implements Magical Dining Month program including soliciting sponsors, integration of sponsors, and creative, advertising and participant communications.
- Work with Visitor Services and Digital Marketing teams to provide creative and marketing support for advancement of their efforts and introduction and marketing of the Destination App.
- Develops and implements niche programs such as LGBT, shopping; including working on media placement, creative, production and measurement.
- Provides support for additional sponsorship marketing fulfillment.
- Responsible for maintaining production procedures with agency and publications as well as internal clients.
- Reviews and analyzes results and provides future recommendations during and after the campaign.
- Provides regular updates on competitive set campaigns, creative and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining deadlines for all projects.
- Reports pertinent to DMAI metrics, budget variances, strategic plan goals, objectives, department performance, etc. in a timely manner.
- Manages campaign budgets, ensures operations are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
- Assists member partners to develop and enhance their own marketing efforts through education, seminars, consultation and other appropriate techniques.
- Develops RFPs and leads or advises on selection process of outside vendors following Visit Orlando purchasing guidelines.
- Responsible for managing marketing needs for Niche Markets. Includes project management of campaigns associated with these markets. Works with agencies as needed.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in safe and clean manner. Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required; plus a minimum of five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel are required. Some Access or other database experience is preferred. 50 cwpm in typing.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal/written skills and the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006