Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Manager of Convention Staffing. The Manager of Convention Staffing is responsible for increasing sales and profitability for the convention staffing department through strategic sales methods and focusing on core business offerings. Leads the successful sales operations of the Convention Staffing Department making it a priority to develop staff members to exceed client expectations. The Manager of Convention Staffing role is a hybrid of sales and operational responsibilities.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Growth of the overall revenue and profitability of the Convention Staffing Department by leading day to day activities of the convention staffing department.
- Identifies and qualifies sales opportunities by providing a consultative and value-added approach to develop relationships.
- Maintains an awareness of customer requirements and needs, recommends resolution of potential and actual staffing problems and increases overall sales of services.
- Recruiting, training, managing, and retaining of the best talent in the market. Assists in the development of effective recruiting efforts, selection tools and team member orientation to ensure a sound hiring decision is made and successful on-boarding occurs.
- Accountable for developing, managing and achieving department sales and operations budgets and the management of financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to ensure productivity and goal achievement.
- Identifies opportunities for further expansion of services amongst current and future client base.
- Maintains an active and positive relationship with internal/external partners and staffing agencies. Establish and build relations with National Staffing Agencies.
- Conducts regular team meetings to ensure individuals are adhering to key indicators that directly impact the revenue and forecasts of the department.
- Establishes and maintains an understanding of organizational operational procedures and practices.
- Leads efforts to maintain an up-to-dates record of all sales activities and follow-up requirements within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responsible for documenting, handling and/or reporting any concerns, issues or situations w/ convention assistants to associate VP of HR if necessary.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Registration Staffing Supervisors
ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- Participates in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Personally conducts or oversees training for new employees to ensure established procedures are clearly understood and followed.
- Monitors the work performance of assigned personnel on a continual basis, conducts effective performance appraisals and takes corrective action whenever necessary.
- Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrates by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
- Administers company policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
OTHER DUTIES AS NEEDED:
- Coordinates schedules and monitors convention assistants to work conventions and in-house projects based on availability and skills. Maintains and regularly updates the availability schedule for convention assistants. On a regular basis, monitors the convention assistant hotline to log confirmations, declines and schedule replacements as required.
- Responsible for ensuring team is partnering with appropriate Destination Service Managers to help secure future repeat business, as well as secure any new business opportunities discovered.
- Partners with meeting planners to outline registration and staffing service needs. Prepares bid proposals for meeting planners regarding upcoming conventions and/or meetings based upon registration and staffing service requirements.
- On-site coordination/supervision of convention and/or meeting, ensures convention assistants are representing Visit Orlando according to the standards outlined in the handbook and ensures that a well-organized and seamless registration process occurs for meeting planners, including minor disciplinary actions onsite.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year college or university preferred; plus a minimum of 2 years convention staffing management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006