Visit Orlando is now recruiting an International Media Manager. The International Media Manager develops and manages programs to generate positive publicity for Orlando and Visit Orlando members and works to increase editorial coverage in consumer and trade media in Latin America and Brazil. The International Media Manager will also manage the day-to-day program execution of PR agencies in assigned markets. This position will require some international travel.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Works directly with International offices to develop and execute publicity plans for promoting the destination. Provides strategic direction to international representatives. Accountable to ensure publicity goals from markets are met by the efforts of the Orlando office and international office.
- Serves as project manager on Latin American publicity campaigns. Contributes to the development and implementation of programs and plans including the annual plan and budget to support Visit Orlando’s goals.
- Proactively contacts journalists to discuss story angles and arranges interviews with Visit Orlando representatives to increase editorial coverage of the destination and organization.
- Oversees development of media familiarization tours for groups, working with the Global Publicity support team and the Trade Shows & Events team to obtain transportation, accommodations, attraction passes, meals and interviews as needed. Serves as host for journalists.
- Oversees development of itineraries for visiting journalists and film crews, working with Global Publicity support team to obtain accommodations, attraction passes and meals as well as serving as an interpreter.
- Organizes and leads media development missions and trade show activities in the territories assigned with and without members for the purpose of developing relationships with journalists.
- Works with all marketing teams (including partnership marketing, direct marketing, advertising and content) to maximize opportunities and ensure program integration.
- Leads or assists on industry and Visit Orlando committees and task forces as assigned or selected.
- Drafts and/or edits various speeches, PowerPoint presentations, brochure copy, news releases, Web site articles, newsletter copy, social media/online copy and completes other editorial assignments. If necessary, provides or reviews translations.
- Manages relevant program budgets, ensuring programs are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
- Ensures staff development, empowerment, training, etc. in a relevant and timely manner. Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
- Assists member partners to develop and enhance their own marketing efforts through education, seminars, consultation and other appropriate techniques.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the culture for the territories for which assigned. Must be fluent in Spanish for Latin America and have working knowledge for other territories as assigned.
- Computer skills: Must have working knowledge of and experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with social media sites Facebook, twitter and YouTube a plus.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006