Visit Orlando is looking for 2-Global Communications Interns. We are recruiting for a Global Communications intern that will support different team members within the Communications department .
As a Visit Orlando Global Communications intern, you will:
- Gain experience working with domestic and international travel media.
- Write press releases, blogs, social media posts and newsletter copy.
- Assist with journalist press trips, media requests and film shoots.
- Research and track news clips and stories related to Orlando.
- Help maintain Visit Orlando’s Calendar of Events.
- Network with public relations professionals at attractions, hotels, restaurants and Public Relations firms.
- Gain experience on how the organization interacts with elected officials and local media.
- Learn how the organization brands and positions itself to spread the Orlando message globally.
- Help coordinate speaking engagements in the local community.
- Assist with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- Work in an exciting and ever-changing atmosphere where each day presents a new challenge and learning experience.
The intern will work 24 hours a week (preferred 3 full days). Ideally, the candidate should possess good journalistic writing skills/experience. Press release writing a plus. Prior Public Relations internships a plus.
* Must be students enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program .
*Interns will be paid $12 per hour
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006