Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development of marketing strategies for the US domestic market to achieve the business goals for Visit Orlando. Working closely with senior leadership and agency partners, this individual will lead strategic planning, brand development and coordination of integrated marketing programs to promote visitation from key US markets to the Orlando area.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the US domestic annual marketing campaign. Synthesizes research data and prior year learnings to provide specific direction for creative, media and digital agency partners to develop integrated campaign activities.
- Daily management of creative, media and digital agencies. Evaluate creative work against the brand strategy to ensure creative achieves its objectives. Review media plans and regularly optimize the marketing mix. • Acts as project manager for campaign execution, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Accountable for driving key business KPIS such as brand awareness, ad recall, website visitation and share of voice.
- Conducts analysis during and after campaigns, assessing performance compared to goals and objectives and formulating indicated actions and future recommendations.
- Working with the VP of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer, acts as a brand steward to define the brand voice and architecture to protect and strengthen the Visit Orlando brand.
- Provides regular updates on competitive set campaigns, creative and programs.
- Responsible for U.S. Member Co-op Program and working with the Partner Relations team to sell these programs to Visit Orlando members and maintain projected budget goals.
- Recommends and monitors fully integrated niche/diversity market partnership programs to ensure their on-going success in meeting Visit Orlando’s marketing goals.
- Consult with internal clients to find appropriate solutions for their specific marketing communications projects.
- Recommends and manages departmental budget and forecast, ensures operations are conducted within budget guidelines, noting and reporting monthly variances.
- Ensures staff development, empowerment and training in a relevant and timely manner.
- Promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovative and rational risk taking.
- Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, with timely and accurate reporting and billing.
- Develops RFPs and leads or advises on selection process of outside vendors following Visit Orlando purchasing guidelines.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:Marketing Manager - Domestic MarketingMarketing Coordinator
- B.A. / B.S. degree from four-year college or university, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (particularly advertising, brand / consumer marketing or agency experience).
- Proven experience in development of successful marketing campaigns, managing large advertising budget and complex timelines.
- A proven ability to transform current marketing trends and information into new strategies for the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage agencies in the areas of campaign management, creative development, budget management, briefing processes, campaign performance updates and program troubleshooting. • Proficiency in market analysis, consumer insights and competitive assessments.
- The ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of how to motivate agencies to deliver on strategy and on time.
- Strong understanding of full range of marketing creative tools.
- Strong organizational and people skills, the ability to effectively create and deliver presentations, the ability to set appropriate priorities and use time effectively.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006