Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Director of Digital Marketing. This position manages the function of marketing the Visit Orlando websites by executing marketing strategies to meet the site traffic and digital advertising performance goals. Primary focus is to manage the marketing of the consumer website in an effort to drive increased traffic, improve the Web metrics and maximize performance of all digital advertising.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for maximizing the impact/ROI of Visit Orlando’s digital marketing programs and tools.
- Work with Marketing managers in planning comprehensive Global Marketing campaigns to ensure adherence to Digital Strategy
- Work with agencies to conduct all media buying of online advertising-both display and search engine advertising. Responsible for constant analysis of ad performance.
- Working with VP of Consumer Marketing, provide marketing leadership for ecommerce initiatives, including development of promotional calendar, digital marketing plan, ecommerce site management and conversion optimization.
- Working with Director of CRM, ensure web properties are optimized for consumer data collection and personalization.
- Working with other program areas, analyze and recommend emerging technologies and tools for specific markets/targets/disciplines.
- Based on current research, emerging trends and best practices, recommend changes to the website to continually improve the user experience.
- Responsible for working with content producers to implement content that will improve natural search engine optimization.
- Work with creative agency to ensure branding and campaign creative are properly reflected in digital media.
- Work with agency to produce creative for digital advertising that is displayed on 3rd party websites.
- Responsible for reporting on all digital advertising programs and checking to make sure everything is functional, then working with the internal development team to correct any problems.
- Reports pertinent to DMAI metrics, budget variances, strategic plan goals, objectives, department performance, etc. in a timely manner.
- Create marketing plans for the consumer website.
- Conducts competitive analysis of other destination’s sites.
- Keep the VP of Digital Strategy and Marketing informed of all matters relating to website marketing.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando and Visit Orlando brand. Serves as a Brand ambassador.
- Ensures staff development, empowerment, training, etc. in a relevant and timely manner. Ensures contractors are performing as contracted, timely and accurate in reporting and billing, etc.
- Assists member partners to develop and enhance their own marketing efforts through education, seminars, consultation and other appropriate techniques.
- Extensive Vendor relations and collaboration experience is required.
- Travel as required, and/or requested, to trade shows, industry activities, and other events.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Digital Marketing Rep
ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- Participates in decisions related to the selection, promotion, transfer, pay and discipline of assigned personnel.
- Personally conducts or oversees training for new employees to ensure established procedures are clearly understood and followed.
- Monitors the work performance of assigned personnel on a continual basis, conducts effective performance appraisals and takes corrective action whenever necessary.
- Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrates by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
- Administers company policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.REASONING ABILITY:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The environment for this job is typical for an office and does not result in exposure to conditions outside of the normal office environment.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006