Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Director of Content. The Director of Content will direct and manage the planning, creation and curation of editorial content that drives visitation to the #1 travel destination in the U.S. Responsible for organizational content management including setting objectives, managing resources and conflicts, meeting deadlines, liasoning with multiple requesting departments, and creating and curating content including:
- Written content on both digital and print platforms (for leisure and meetings industries)
- Video content (working with a stable of freelancers)
- Photo content (working with a stable of freelancers)
- Corporate written content
- Corporate presentations
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Create, enhance and manage content that communicates and represents the mission, strategic objectives, services and programs of the Orlando destination as well as Visit Orlando -- the official tourism association and destination marketing organization - to consumers, clients, the industry and members.
- Develop, manage and maintain an organization-wide content calendar that identifies key themes and priorities, and fulfills cross-over messaging opportunities for teams including PR, social media, website, marketing, meetings/conventions, and membership.
- Create, and manage others in the creation of, short-form and long-form editorial copy, as well as produced videos, photography and presentations - on the following platforms:
a. Leisure and meetings industries including:
i. Articles, Blogs
ii. Press releases
iii. Consumer Websites
iv. Video treatments and scripts
v. Editorial photography
vi. Social Media channels
viii. Consumer emails
ix. Leisure visitor guides, travel guides
x. Meeting planner guides
xi. Meeting advertorials
b. Corporate Communications including:
i. Annual reports
ii. Corporate letters
iii. Corporate informational pieces
iv. Industry e-Newsletters
v. Organizational reports, executive summaries
vi. Executive speechwriting
vii. Executive letters
viii. Executive presentations (powerpoint)
ix. Corporate B2B websites
- Ensure creative, consistent, effective and accurate communications across all delivery platforms.
- Write, edit, and proofread all editorial content and direct production of all video and photo assets for external content relating to marketing communications and corporate communications. Serve as a support service to develop content for other departments including meetings and convention sales, website development, publications and member relations.
- Act in consulting fashion across organization, serving as liason with other departments requesting content.
- Direct and develop staff of 2-3 employees, including multi-media producer and 1-2 editorial writers, as well as a roster of external agencies, contractors and freelancers to fulfill content needs.
- Analyze and report key performance indicators against organizational goals, department performance and key analytics.
- Analyze and apply data so that digital communications result in improved natural search engine optimization, increased reach and improved performance metrics.
- Responsible for managing budget for all organizational content creation, including liasoning with multiple departments and tracking/reporting variances.
- Proactively review other travel industry consumer web sites, blogs and social media channels to provide strategic recommendations for enhancements to our content based on those findings.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
- Multimedia Content Producer
- Consumer Content Writer
- Multiple agencies and freelancers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a form of Visual Communications
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in a fast-paced, consumer writing or design environment, juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive writing experience with excellent knowledge of grammar, AP Style and ability to present a compelling idea or concept in a quick snapshot.
- Experience developing content for both online and offline communication channels.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to synthesize a wide variety of information into clear, concise content.
- Proven experience leading the production of creative, high-quality video and photo assets.
- Demonstrated creativity in writing for digital and social media, including examples of work.
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style and impressive ability to edit documents accordingly.
- Excellent relationship-building skills among a broad range of community and internal stakeholders.
- Proven project management experience. Ability to prioritize, direct and execute multiple simultaneous projects, for self and department overall, with short turnaround time and competing demands.
- Experience supervising or working with creative contractors, including photo, video, graphic design, print writers.
- Strong Internet and computer skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of writing for digital media, including best practices in SEO.
- Experience producing and evaluating success of compelling photo and video content.
- Working knowledge of HTML, blogging software and Content Management Systems a plus.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Creative writing skills
- Excellent editing and proofing skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
To Apply: Submit a cover letter explaining how your previous experience has prepared you to be successful in this position and your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006