Visit Orlando is looking for (3) part-time Destination Specialist. The Destination Specialists will promote and provide Visit Orlando services to meet customer needs and increase overall sales in all available service areas. Sells a variety of tickets promoting the Orlando area to consumers. Responds to a variety of customer inquiries and problems in an efficient and professional manner in order to maintain exemplary guest service.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responds to customer requests on information about the area received in person, on the phone or by email and live chat. Answers customers' questions regarding vacation planning in a clear, professional and accurate manner. Familiar with the resources and information available to the Visitor Services Department and can find additional sources as needed. Ability to multi-task and change job focus to better service guests and callers.
- Promote ticket sales in order to meet or exceed departmental goals. Uses qualifying techniques to support sales goals while ensuring guests' needs are met. Enhances guest experience & maximizes sales opportunities by continually demonstrating up-sell and cross-sell techniques.
- Ensures guest service is maintained at a high level by providing accurate and relevant information. Uses listening skills to determine guest needs and responds with appropriate suggestions in a professional courteous manner.
- Works with various systems to facilitate sales transactions. Provides assistance to ticket fulfillment team by processing print on demand tickets from various systems. Assists in the daily reconciliation of tickets processed and/or sold.
- Contacts guests as needed via email or phone to verify order information. Contacts venues to make guest reservations. Assists in resolving guest issues as appropriate. Involves Leads or Manager when needed.
- Performs daily operational responsibilities.
- Actively participates in member familiarization tours, training sessions and maintains a positive relationship with member sales representatives.
- Prepares and collects necessary paperwork and counts cash drawer at the beginning of the shift. Verifies opening ticket inventory.
- Accurately sells various tickets in POS and vendor systems. Accurately completes and turns in necessary shift paperwork. Balances cash drawer at the end of shift in an accurate and timely manner. Verifies closing ticket inventory.
- Communicates with lead on an on-going basis to report any problems or deviations from standard operating cashier procedures, to request additional tickets, vouchers or change and to get authorization/approval for refunds and/or exchanges.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of Orlando area including but not limited to: Theme Parks, Attractions, Shopping & Dining venues and an ability to provide accurate information and directions. Experience working with Point of Sale systems and cash handling is required.
Basic computer skills, Internet, MS Outlook and 35wpm keyboarding.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese is preferred.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Standing for long periods of time is frequently required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Good Driving Record
Must be able to work a fluctuating work schedule including evenings and weekends.
Must be able to work 3 day's in a fluctuating work schedule including weekends.
Operating hours seven days week
7:30am - 7:00pm
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006