Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Destination Services Manager. This position serves as the liaison between the meeting planner and Visit Orlando members. Assists in consulting with and analyzing a planner’s needs to determine the distribution of service leads and promotional material requests in order to provide business opportunities to Visit Orlando members, Visit Orlando’s own registration personnel and other areas DS services may be required.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Acts as liaison between meeting planner and members. Assists in educating meeting planners and convention committees on Visit Orlando’s services and products. Assists in obtaining information, rates, proposals and promotional material for services and products. Issues service leads and referrals to members and follows up to ensure planners’ needs are met.
- Works with the Convention Sales Team to present Visit Orlando services to prospective meeting planners and assists in showcasing the Orlando Destination. Meets regularly with sales partners and attends sales department meetings when appropriate.
- Solicits organization’s meeting planners by personal calls for leads for Visit Orlando’s convention assistant program and to obtain new business to provide as opportunities for business for members. 4. Promotes and solicits distribution of Visit Orlando’s promotional materials for clients.
- Will travel to specific markets to conduct client calls, attend missions/events, or other opportunities to interact with clients in their specific regions.
- Coordinates site inspection and appointments for meeting planners requesting off site events, hotels and other services with members.
- Educates and consults with members regarding convention business and participates in familiarization trips and presentations with members products and services.
- Manages, coordinates with appropriate marketing team members and orders applicable client amenities, welcome ribbons/buttons, signage and communicates with Sales counterpart any details regarding this.
- Coordinates and presents Visit Orlando services to meeting planners and convention committees.
- Participates in pre-planning and post-convention meetings with conventions as necessary.
- As assigned, supervises convention assistants working on weekends to ensure that meetings are well staffed and services are provided efficiently.
- Provide welcome speeches/presentations to meetings, conventions or trade shows. Includes preparation of presentation, providing updated and current details, answer questions, or conduct panel discussions as requested and appropriate.
- Participates in local service organizations and all Visit Orlando related functions as needed.
- Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Maintain total account management of meetings assigned including consistent implementation of the system and all required documentation required by the position. Enter all notes with specific details of activities, attachments and proper coding for all follow up actions needed.
- Maintains constant communication with sales partners via regular meetings, e-mail, etc.
- Performs other accountabilities and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of three -five years hospitality industry experience, specifically in hotel sales and services; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Office specifically MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Basic level proficiency or higher in MS Excel. Database experience required, basic level proficiency or higher for Internet usage. Strong communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006