The Destination Meeting Services Representative is an entry level role and assists in serving as the liaison between the meeting planner and Visit Orlando partners. The role assists in consulting with and analyzing a planner’s needs to determine the distribution of service leads and promotional material requests in order to provide business opportunities to Visit Orlando partners, Visit Orlando’s own registration personnel and other areas DMS services may be required.
Below are some of the areas of responsibility of the position…
- Acts as liaison between meeting planner and partners. Assists in educating meeting planners and convention committees on Visit Orlando’s services and products. Assists in obtaining information, rates, proposals and promotional material for services and products. Issues service leads to members and follows up to ensure planner’s needs are met.
- Promotes and solicits distribution of Visit Orlando’s promotional materials by clients to increase attendance at their meetings. DMS Coordinator will fulfill all requests, shipments, details.
- Assists in coordinating site inspections and appointments for meeting planners requesting off site events and other services with members. Sets up itineraries for site inspections for the destination meeting managers for sites being conducted on behalf of the DMS Manager, in addition to own sites. Assists and accompanies clients as needed during site inspections.
- Travels to trade shows as assigned to promote Orlando as the destination for next year’s meeting. Should attend at least one pre-promote trip a year, however may be required to travel more as needed.
- Will rotate call-in requests with one DMS Manager and the DMS Coordinator for meeting information assistance, promotional material, convention assistants, and other meeting service requests by meeting planners not previously assigned to another destination meeting manager.
- Correctly enters and follows D3000 traces to follow up on activities/requests by meeting planners. Enters appropriate traces as needed to manage work load and client follow up.
- Participates in familiarization trips and presentations with member products and services.
- As assigned, participates in the on-call rotation for convention assistants, and supervises convention assistants working on weekends and evenings to ensure that meetings are properly staffed and services are provided effectively.
- Participates in monthly service workshops, member presentations/sites, sales meetings and any other local related functions as assigned.
- Promotes the brand of Visit Orlando and upholds the professional expectations in all areas of representation to include, but is not limited to, personal presentation, written and verbal communications with all clients (internal and external), interaction with partners, and any other area where interaction may occur where the brand will be represented.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years related; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- 50cwpm keyboarding, intermediate level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Basic level proficiency or higher in Excel. Database experience required, basic level proficiency or higher in Photoshop, Adobe reader/writer, Internet and invoicing processes.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: email@example.com OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006