Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Marketing Representative. This position provides support for the Director of Convention Marketing and Convention Sales team by leading various advertising, marketing and direct marketing programs to support Visit Orlando’s meetings and conventions sales efforts.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for overseeing all material fulfillment of Convention Marketing advertising campaigns and delivering materials on deadline. Submits job orders to Print Services and works with ad agency to coordinate advertising creative needs.
- Assist with development of annual M&C media plans and acts as liaison with agency and media reps to collect rates, deadlines, material specs, etc. to implement in cooperation with the agency.
- Responsible for managing execution of Co-op ad programs and working with participating member organizations as liaison to collect advertising content and traffic materials to agency in accordance with media deadlines.
- Review and track competitive destination advertising in trade magazines on a monthly basis to compile annual competitive spend report to support marketing efforts. Maintain Brag (Campaign) Book and Visit Orlando listings on third party websites annually.
- Identify and help lead the effort to provide the sales and services team with highly effective sales tools including but not limited to presentations, sales resource library, bid books, sales, sheets etc.
- Maintains Meetings & Conventions collateral, image and video libraries, and supplies logos, photos and listing updates to media as needed with supervisor approval.
- Provide marketing support to citywide clients and work with Destination Services team to fulfill client requests.
- Manage and lead development of the quarterly Meetings Matter e-newsletter implementation and track results to achieve department goals.
- Manages meetings opt-in email database and distributes e-newsletters and other convention marketing communications, which includes maintaining the quality of the database by updating or removing incorrect contacts.
- Implements content updates and blog posts on meetings website as needed, per the strategy defined by the Director - Convention Marketing. Also, updates the Visit Orlando website with any staff changes or title changes using CMS.
- Ensures protection of the Orlando Brand by enforcing established Convention Marketing brand standards, and serves as Brand ambassador.
- Assists team leader with other programs and projects as needed, and may provide administrative support for the Convention Marketing team, including setting up meetings, taking meeting notes, creating agendas, processing expense reports and invoices as needed. Ensures own work area is maintained in a safe and clean manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s degree from college or university; plus minimum 3-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience. Marketing, media planning/buying or advertising experience a plus.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Keyboarding speed of 50 cwpm, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and communicate effectively. Ability to multitask and work well under tight deadlines, as well as effectively present information in one-to-one and small groups situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006