Visit Orlando's Global Marketing department is recruiting a Convention Marketing Manager. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Consumer & Convention Marketing and will be responsible for implementing marketing strategies and programs to assist and support the convention sales department in meeting their objectives.s sales efforts.
Below is a list of responsibilities…
- Develop an annual meetings and convention marketing plan along with the associated budget for achievement of the Visit Orlando’s strategic plan and objectives. Be a part of the presentation of the plan to the Executive Management Team for approval.
- Works with agency to develop and implement media plans to support the convention marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with management of all Visit Orlando departments to create M&C marketing synergies and opportunities to the benefit of the Visit Orlando and its partners overall.
- Assists in the development of annual M&C budget; manage all Visit Orlando meetings and conventions marketing programs to budget. Handle/oversee paperwork relevant to expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaborates with Convention Public Relations to ensure synergy within the overall convention marketing plan.
- Develop promotional plans as appropriate, to support Visit Orlando participation in M&C trade shows, road shows, sales missions and other industry events.
- Serve as the conduit between the sales and services team and marketing team. Provide information on trends, messaging tactics, etc. through interaction with the sales team. Likewise keep the sales team engaged in marketing activities.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the orlandomeeting.com portion of the website. Work with Director of Digital Marketing to employ tactics to drive traffic. Stay abreast of Web trends and innovation to keep site alive, fresh and definitely cutting edge. Analyze metrics to determine changes.
- Work with Orange County Convention Center marketing team to solidify and implement joint marketing, as appropriate.
- Work with the Destination Meeting Services team to ensure inclusion in messaging and tools.
- Work with outside meetings & conventions advertising agency and variety of marketing, editorial, creative directors and consultants, as necessary, to achieve Visit Orlando marketing goals. Ensure that all programs and materials are consistent with agreed upon brand strategy.
- Negotiate, when necessary, along with the Vice President of Global Marketing and CMO, appropriate sponsorships and/or partnerships with major meetings industry organizations. Implement various aspects of agreements, both at events and in marketing collateral.
- Attend and participate in M&C related meetings and events including but not limited to Convention Sales meetings, Convention Committee, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with marketing concentration preferred; plus a minimum of seven to ten years related marketing experience or equivalent combination of education/training and experience. Previous work in convention/meetings sales industry a strong plus. Must have exceptional organizational and communications skills.
- 35cwpm keyboarding. Basic level proficiency or higher in MS Word and Outlook.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006