Visit Orlando is looking for a 2-Business Development Specialists. This position is responsible for soliciting potential clients to determine their meeting needs and championing Orlando as destination. Extensively research using various tools and methods and obtain qualified leads for convention meetings. Primary focus is groups that fall within need periods.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Utilizing phone canvassing and email skills, build a robust pipeline of meeting client prospects for the destination.
•Proactively prospect for new opportunities.
• Develop prospect list by utilizing own research, CRM tool and various lists and other resources.
• Use information provided to carefully prepare for each sales call. Must have understanding of all aspects of prospect’s past and future meeting needs. Study prospect’s websites to learn prospect’s business/industry, identify key decision makers and what good s and services they provide.
• Utilize CRM tool to enter leads into database, update information and manage pipeline of prospects.
• Ask probing questions utilizing selling skills to determine prospect’s needs, build rapport and evaluate sales potential.
• Evaluate the “lead” potential of a prospect and determine what type of lead-“low” touch or “high” touch.
• Work with Director of Business Development to assign leads appropriately through the CRM technology and to the Sales Executives.
• Utilize multi step sales process/CRM tools to diligently follow up and track prospective leads. Maintain organized and detailed follow up records.
• Communicate destination information effectively via verbal and written communication.
• Attend regular sales meetings as required.
• Maintains appropriate destination product knowledge.
• Ensures protection of the Visit Orlando brand. Serves as brand ambassador.
• EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of three years related experience; hotel experience a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience. Inside/Outside phone prospecting skills required and must have a proven sales track record.
• COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines, data base searches and social media.
Position Level – Mid Level
Supervision of Others – None