Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a Business Development Specialist. This position is responsible for soliciting potential clients to determine their meeting needs and championing Orlando as destination. Extensively research using various tools and methods and obtain qualified leads for convention meetings. Primary focus is groups that fall within need periods.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Utilizing phone canvassing and email skills, build a robust pipeline of meeting client prospects for the destination.
- Conduct at least (50) phone calls and email communications per day to prospects.
- Develop prospect list by utilizing own research, Salesforce, various lists and other resources.
- Use information provided to carefully prepare for each sales call. Must have understanding of all aspects of prospect's past and future meeting needs. Study prospect's websites to learn prospect's business/industry, identify key decision makers and what goods and services they provide.
- Utilize Salesforce to enter leads into database, update information and manage pipeline of prospects.
- Ask probing questions utilizing selling skills to determine prospect's needs, build rapport and evaluate sales potential.
- Evaluate the "lead" potential of a prospect and determine what type of lead-"low" touch or "high" touch.
- Work with Director of Business Development to assign leads appropriately through Salesforce and to the Account Managers.
- Utilize a multi-step sales process and salesforce to diligently follow up and track prospective leads. Maintain organized and detailed follow up records.
- Communicate destination information effectively via verbal and written (email) communication.
- Attend regular sales meetings as required.
- Maintains appropriate destination product knowledge.
- Ensures protection of the Visit Orlando brand. Serves as brand ambassador.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of three years related experience; hotel experience a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool Salesforce knowledge a plus. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines, data base searches and social media.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006