Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a Business Development Intern. The Business Development helps bring meetings and conventions to Orlando.
As a Visit Orlando Business Development intern, you will:
• Learn how Orlando positions itself as a top meeting destination.
• Learn and gain sales experience in the hospitality industry working in the convention sales and services department.
• Participate in the business development sales process and learn how to sell the destination.
• Research prospective meetings for Orlando by using the Internet, trade publications, industry databases and all other resources to gather information.
• Participate in qualifying prospective meeting planners by learning all aspects of their organizations past and future meeting needs. Study their websites and learn what they do, identify the organizations key decision makers and what services and/or goods they provide.
• Gain experience using Salesforce, a contact relationship management (CRM) tool to enter researched information and help the Business Development team manage the process of prospective meetings for Orlando.
• Attend regular sales meetings to learn best practices and teamwork.
• Participate in hotel site visits to gain destination knowledge and learn how sales managers sell their hotels to prospective meeting planners.
*This position pays $12hr an hour.
*The intern will work 20 hours a week.
* Must be students enrolled in either an undergraduate or graduate program .