Visit Orlando is now recruiting for a full-time Account Manager, Business Development This position solicits and books international and domestic corporate meetings; and any other groups that have not or do not currently have meetings scheduled in Orlando. The Account Manager works with the Business Development Specialist to further qualify leads. They develop the prospects in order to close and pass the leads to member partners or city-wide team. Promotes Orlando as the premier meeting and convention destination.
MAJOR AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Proactive sales through telephone calls, emails, correspondence, personal sales calls, and continuous follow-up on leads provided by business development specialist, trade show or other source to promote Orlando as a meeting destination.
- Works with business development specialist to further qualify leads and determine stage in which they become a lead for member community. If it is high touch (typically 250-1,499 rooms on peak) the executive will continue to work or if 1,500 rooms or 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space pass to city-wide team.
- Works with strategic partners like American Express and others to further qualify and help sell the destination.
- Participates in daily/weekly sales blitzes to uncover new leads to work or to pass to our member partners.
- Enters and maintains data into CRM tool to include all pertinent information on leads and information provided to members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enters leads into the member web portal to solicit qualified prospects for proposals, bids, quotes and follow-up correspondence from the members.
- Prepares correspondence to potential clients, members, and Visit Orlando management.
- Attends trade shows, makes sales calls and performs Visit Orlando functions to promote the Orlando area as needed. May participate in sites and FAMS as needed.
- Prepares and preforms presentations to third parties and end users organizations for site selection as needed. Attends sales meetings and one on ones on a regular basis.
- Maintains Orlando product knowledge by attending local member functions such as receptions and grand openings.
- Solicits and books international and domestic corporate meetings; and any other groups that have not or do not currently have meetings scheduled in Orlando.
- The executive works with the Business Development Specialist to further qualify leads.
- Proactively prospect new meetings and conventions for Orlando; and work with our hotel members and the city wide sales team to help close the business.
- Promotes Orlando as the premier meeting and convention destination.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; plus a minimum of four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel experience a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Familiarization with entering data into a CRM tool. Ability to navigate the Internet, use various search engines and social media.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Frequent travel.
Email your (Word, PDF) Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail your Resume to: Human Resources, P.O. Box 690355, Orlando, FL 32869 OR
Fax your Resume to: (407) 370-5006